UNITED Airlines has reported a US$1
- United Airlines posts US$1.8b Q3 loss as revenue plunges 78pc
- Mexico's MasAir Cargo starts B767F operations for DHL Express
MEXICAN freighter operator MasAir Cargo has started operations for DHL Express utilising one of its Boeing 767 freighters
- Cathay Pacific axes 8,500 jobs and shuts down Cathay Dragon
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific has confirmed that it will cut 8,500 jobs across the entire group, including 5,300 local staff and 600...
- TIACA says air cargo industry not ready for Covid-19 vaccine distribution
A SURVEY conducted by The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) and Pharma
- Boeing plans a quiet comeback for 737 Max as grounding nears end
BOEING Co is planning a comeback for the 737 Max, the grounded jetliner that has spent almost two years in controversy and tragedy after two fatal...
- Unions press Ottawa for US$5.3 billion bailout of Canadian airlines
UNIONS representing airline workers are calling for CAD7 billion (US$5
- Asiana converts A350 to temporary freighter
ASIANA Airlines has begun operations with a re-designed Airbus A350-900 as a main-deck freighter, as it plans flights with its grounded A380s,...
- Drone gains increase options for next-generation aviation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the US$387 million Future Flight Challenge are making new rounds in the UK aviation industry by bringing...
- Revenue pressures continue for North American Airports and Airlines
THE Covid recovery period in the US and Canada will intensify revenue and cost pressures on North American airports and airlines, reports...
- Malaysia Airlines in talks with creditors in urgent restructuring
MALAYSIA Airlines has reached out to lessors, creditors and key suppliers as part of its 'urgent' restructuring exercise as it sees little...
- EL AL Cargo expands air freight operations with Dubai service
ISRAEL's EL AL has further expanded its cargo operations through a new service to Dubai and by entering into a new partnership with CargoJetX on...
- Amsterdam's Schiphol cargo sector creates vaccine task force
AMSTERDAM's Schiphol's air cargo community has created a task force to prepare for a Covid-19 vaccine, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Airbus plans for zero-emission aircraft fuelled by hydrogen to operate by 2035
EUROPEAN multinational aerospace company Airbus has announced plans for the world's first zero-emission commercial aircraft models that run on...
- IATA's head of cargo Glyn Hughes takes voluntary redundancy
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has confirmed that head of cargo Glyn Hughes will leave the organisation as part of a wider...
- WFS scores a double at Madrid Airport
PARIS, France-headquartered Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has won cargo handling contracts with AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and Air China Cargo...
- Oman Aviation Group, DHL sign deal to upgrade cargo services
THE Oman Aviation Group (OAG) has signed a partnership deal in the field of air cargo with German express delivery giant DHL at Muscat International...
- Prompt action needed for air cargo sector to handle vaccine distribution
THE global head of cargo at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Glynn Hughes, says the air cargo sector still faces challenges after...
- LATAM Airlines appoints industry veteran as new CCO
CHILE's LATAM Airlines Group has appointed Marty St George to be its new chief commercial officer
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36