ISRAEL's EL AL has further expanded its cargo operations through a new service to Dubai and by entering into a new partnership with CargoJetX on...
- EL AL Cargo expands air freight operations with Dubai service
- Amsterdam's Schiphol cargo sector creates vaccine task force
AMSTERDAM's Schiphol's air cargo community has created a task force to prepare for a Covid-19 vaccine, reports London's Air Cargo News
- JAL and Matternet link up on drones for medical gear delivery
TOKYO-BASED Japan Airlines (JAL) has signed a memorandum of understanding with California-based drone maker Matternet to explore medical delivery...
- ACI Maritime Crew Management Conference in London October 21
ACI's 27th Maritime HR & Crew Management Conference will be held in London on October 21 and 22
- Mike Honious promoted to take charge of Geodis operations in America
FRENCH logistics giant Geodis has announced the promotion of Mike Honious as president and CEO of Geodis in Americas, under the responsibility of the...
- Port of Rotterdam Authority appoints Boudewijn Siemons as new COO
Boudewijn Siemons, 56, has been appointed as the new Chief Operating Officer (COO) of the Port of Rotterdam Authority this month
- China adds three areas to its expanding list of free trade zones
CHINA has decided to set up three new free trade zones (FTZs) as part of efforts to attract foreign investment and boost trade, reports Caixin
- FMC told it has no authority to deal with ATA's chassis complaint
THE US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has been told by container lines that it has no authority to adjudicate an American Trucking Associations...
- Electric carmaker Tesla sues to block US tariffs on China imports
US ELECTRIC carmaker Tesla is suing to block the Trump Administration from collecting tariffs on parts the company imports from China, reported...
- Maldives-India cargo ferry calls at Kulhudhuffushi on maiden voyage
THE Maldives-India cargo ferry, the 7,665-dwt MCP Linz has arrived in Kulhudhuffushi City on its maiden voyage, reports the Male Edition
- Trafigura lobbies UN to introduce ship decarbonisation tax
DUTCH ship charterer Trafigura is lobbying for a decarbonisation tax by the UN's International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of between US$250-$300...
- Violent murder on board of MSC mega container ship!
Violent murder on board of MSC mega container ship in the Pacific!
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- SF Airlines extends domestic cargo network to 51 destinations
SHENZHEN's SF Airlines' domestic air cargo network has been extended to 51 destinations across China, the air cargo carrier has announced,...
- Russia's dominance of the world wheat exports keeps growing
RUSSIA has gone from being reliant on wheat imports to accounting for a fifth of global sales, as its soils generate bigger harvests at lower prices,...
- Belarusian Railways increases freight to China 23pc in January-August
BELARUS rail freight traffic to China rose 23
- North American weekly rail traffic down 6.9pc, intermodal up 3.7pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending September 19 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 327,915 carloads, down 6
- Houston August box decline shrinks to single digit 4pc to 248,630 TEU
THE Port of Houston's container throughput has stabilised for the first time since the beginning of the Covid crisis, with a four per cent drop...
- ICS to UN: Governments needed to end crew change crisis
THE International Chamber Shipping (ICS) has warned the UN that the failure to allow 800,000 seafarers leave their ships where they have been...
- Evergreen joins Arkas/Emes to offer Black Sea loops from Piraeus
TAIWAN shipping giant Evergreen is launching two new services between East Mediterranean and the Black Sea, one of them in cooperation with...