AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
- Oakland's big container terminal to receive giant cranes from ZPMC
THE Port of Oakland has announced that three cranes able to load the world's largest container ships will soon be coming from Shanghai's ZPMC...
- Port of Wilmington sets record for reefer and docks its biggest ship
NORTH Carolina's Port of Wilmington has been pushing forward with several long-term initiatives while other US ports have been struggling with...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$907/TEU, USWC up 8.5pc at $2,920/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- HK's appetite for scallops satisfied by charter services from Japan
DHL Global Forwarding (GH) has launched a thrice-weekly charter service from Chitose in Japan to Hong Kong in order to serve scallop producers in the...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- OOCL restores two transpacific sailings cancelled in June
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has restored two transpacific sailings that were cancelled on June 18
- Automated shipping coming to Europe's waters
Moving more goods by water could reduce pressure on roads and cut emissions, yet Europe’s shipping industry is held back by labour shortages....
- Indonesia industrial park to spearhead bid to lure China supply chains
INDONESIA plans to build one of its largest industrial parks on the north coast of Java island in a renewed drive to attract manufacturers relocating...
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- At least six migrants died, 93 rescued off Libya's coast
UN says rescued migrants, including one woman who gave birth on a rubber dinghy, brought back to Libya.
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...