FEDEX remained the world's busiest cargo airline despite volumes remaining flat year on year while Qatar moved into second place and UPS was up...
- FedEx still tops in air cargo but Qatar and Turkish are rising: IATA
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- BA and Air France-KLM plan share sales, layoffs to survive Covid
BRITISH AIRWAYS owner IAG has plans for a EUR2
- Shipowners slow to sign long hires as charter market heats up
CONTAINERSHIP brokers are reporting 'brisk business', although owners are reluctant to fix for longer periods against rising daily hire rates
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1
- Shanghai port sees container throughput hit record high in July
SHANGHAI port's container throughput of Shanghai port exceeded 3
- Covid-19 leads to more digital cargo bookings at Air France KLM
AIR France KLM Martin Air Cargo (AFKLMP) has noted an increase in the use of its digital booking services since the outbreak of the coronavirus
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- Port of Tanjung Pelepas smashes another move record
MALAYSIA's Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) has established another operational milestone after it broke the productive moves per hour (PMPH) record...
- Box ship schedule reliability continues to improve in June
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says global container schedule reliability improved by 3
- Seventy per cent of Finnair's earnings driven by air cargo in Q2
FINNAIR Group's revenue in the first half of 2020 was mainly driven by cargo-only operations, as Covid-19 pandemic grounded the airline's...
- Q2 cargo volumes at Anchorage post new high
TED Stevens Anchorage International Airport (ANC) handled record volumes of 900,000 tonnes of cargo in the second quarter of the year as a result of...
- Trade wars and pandemic shrink cargo volumes at US coast ports
TRADE wars and the Covid-19 pandemic continue to hurt traffic through the nation's East and West Coast ports in 2020, with some reporting...
- Global shipyards face crisis with receding box ship orders
WITH global demand expected to contract by some 10 per cent this year, due to the impact of the pandemic, blanked sailings are likely to be...
- Hong Kong's Q2 GDP shrinks 9pc amid the coronavirus outbreak
PROVISIONAL statistics released by the Hong Kong government show that the city's economy contracted 9 per cent in the second quarter, making it...
- Zhonggu Logisitcs plans US$214m IPO on Shanghai bourse
CHINA's Zhonggu Logistics, an affiliate of the country's largest domestic liner operator Zhonggu Shipping Group, plans to raise CNY1
- Increasing use of digital air cargo bookings despite Covid-19 outbreak
THE use of air cargo online booking portals looks set to increase over the coming months, despite a slowdown in growth during the height of the PPE...
- Port of Constanta joins IPSCA to boost connectivity
PORT of Constanta Administration has joined the International Port Community Systems Association (IPSCA) as it looks to increase connectivity and...
- Wilhelmsen acquires 50pc stake in MPC Capital ship management company
NORWAY's Wilhelmsen Ship Management (WSM) is taking a 50 per cent stake in MPC Capital's technical ship management unit Ahrenkiel Steamship...
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...