E-COMMERCE platforms continue to take a hit from the social restrictions imposed by Indonesia because of the Covid-19 pandemic, reports the Jakarta...
- E-commerce continues to be hurt by Indonesia's pandemic restrictions
- AA names Jessica Tyler to run cargo under senior vice president
AMERICAN Airlines () has announced that Jessica Tyler has been named president of cargo and vice president of Airport Excellence, reports the...
- Volga-Dnepr, Geodis flies 400 million medical masks from Shenzhen to Paris
RUSSIAN airline Volga-Dnepr has teamed up French forwarding giant Geodis to complete 48 flights in 90 days flying 400 million Chinese medical masks...
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- North Korean cooking oil fire seen from China destroys train, warehouse
A FIRE at a railway station in the North Korean city of Sinuiju destroyed a freight train carrying hundreds of tons of cooking oil from China and a...
- Port of Marseille Fos to invest US$64.5 million to promote recovery
THE Port of Marseille Fos posted a 15 per cent year-on-year decline in overall cargo volume in the first half while container throughput fell 17 per...
- Port of New York New Jersey blame pandemic for May's 16.5pc cargo slump
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's (PANYNJ) cargo volume dropped 16
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- International Chamber of Shipping makes urgent plea for crew changes
'RED tape and bureaucracy must not be allowed to trap our seafarers or lead to economic problems in your countries,' said International...
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- Australian agri-exporter in for extra round of Canberra subsidies
AUSTRALIAN for agri-filled freighter flights - but importers face capacity constraints on ocean freight, reports London's Loadstar
- Kalmar wins mega reachstacker order from Australian logistics firm
CARGOTEC's subsidiary Kalmar has received a significant order for ten Kalmar Eco reachstackers, five empty container handlers and one medium...
- Port Houston to get US$80 million grant for box shop development
PORT Houston is to receive nearly US$80 million from the US Department of Transportation for a project at one of its container terminals
- World Shipping Council: Containers Lost At Sea
In 2019, the international liner shipping industry transported approximately 226 million containers, with cargo transported valued at more than $4...
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Costly cargo: The plight of seafarers in a pandemic
Amid the many consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, thousands of seafarers around the world are now locked onboard their ships with expired...
- Lufthansa Cargo Centre outsources some of its logistics to Fiege Group
MAJOR logistics provider Fiege Group will take over a portion of the physical freight handling at the Lufthansa Cargo Centre in Frankfurt, the German...