THE final report into the tragic fire on board the Maersk Honam in March 2018 that killed five crew has concluded that safety systems onboard the...
- Maersk Honam fire causes inconclusive, report exposes regulatory limitations
- Seychelles Ports Authority takes delivery of new tug from Sanmar!
Seychelles Ports Authority (SPA) recently completed technical acceptance of a new azimuth stern drive (ASD) tug from Sanmar Shipyards in Turkey.
- Boeing plans a quiet comeback for 737 Max as grounding nears end
BOEING Co is planning a comeback for the 737 Max, the grounded jetliner that has spent almost two years in controversy and tragedy after two fatal...
- Daewoo gets the nod for ammonia-fired ship from LIoyd's Register
SOUTH Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co said it has gained approval for its ammonia-powered ship from Lloyd's Register, a...
- CMA CGM's online systems control back in service after cyberattack
FRANCE's CMA CGM Group has confirmed it has restored all the applications and main functionalities of its e-commerce websites, such as bookings,...
- Seaspan returns to Sanmar for fleet expansion to service Vancouver market
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- Welding work causes another Beirut port fire
FOLLOWING last month's explosion that killed 200 and injured thousand, another fire at the troubled Port of Beirut has broken out, with locals...
- Scoot boosts cargo network capacity with A320ceo conversion
SINGAPORE's Scoot has removed the passenger seats of one of its A320ceo aircraft to double its cargo-carrying capability to almost 20 tonnes
- Milestone with SANMAR's technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
Another milestone for Orkney Island Council and SANMAR with technical delivery of new rastar 3200sx tugs!
- ICHCA warns of another Beirut disaster waiting to happen
TERMINAL operators around the globe are reassessing their safety procedures following the August 4 Beirut explosion which killed around 200 people...
- Two Dead, Two Missing in Corpus Christi Dredge Fire
The bodies of two of four workers missing after a dredging vessel caught fire and sank in Corpus Christi, Texas, were recovered on Saturday, the U.S....
- Two ships collided near Shanghai causing major fire, 14 missing (VİDEO)
An oil tanker collided with a sand barge near the estuary of the Yangtze River off Shanghai this morning, with 14 crew reported missing.
- Turkey's Uzmar to build four tugboats for Pakistan's Karachi Port
UZMAR announced the signing of contract with Karachi Port Trust, PAKISTAN for Four newbuild RAstar 3200W Class Terminal / Escort Tugboats.
- Contamines crew refuse to work in Panama crew change stand off
The crew of another ship have taken matters into their own hands in a new front in the unfolding crew change crisis.
- UZMAR announces the signing of contract with Karachi Port Trust!
UZMAR proudly announces the signing of contract with Karachi Port Trust, PAKISTAN for Four newbuild RAstar 3200W Class Terminal / Escort Tugboats.
- Maritime cyber attacks soar 900pc in three years, says Naval Dome
CYBER-ATTACKS on the maritime industry's operational technology (OT) systems are expected to reach record numbers by year end, after soaring 900...
- SANMAR'S SIRAPINAR COMMENCES OPERATIONS IN BALTIC SEA
In spite of COVID-19 and rough seas Sanmar Shipyards arranged delivery of another new tug to Latvia on schedule, to join the AS PKL Flote fleet in...
- 5,600-TEU Cap Jackson's engine room catches fire in Panama
FIRE broke out in the engine room of the 5,600-TEU Cap Jackson while anchoring at Balboa, Panama, according to Kiev's Maritime Bulletin, which...