THE 20,388-TEU Ever Given and the 20,170-TEU sister ships MOL Tribute and MOL Tradition have called at Cochin, India's big crew change port,...
- India docks 20,000-TEUers for first time in Cochin crew changes
- 30 kilos of gold seized in 'diplomatic baggage' by Indian Customs
INDIAN Customs has seized 30 kilogrammes of gold that landed in 'diplomatic baggage' by air cargo at Thiruvananthapuram international...
- Mundra overtakes Mumbai's JNPT as India's top container port
MUNDRA Port, India's biggest commercial port by volume and the flagship port of the Adani Group, edged past state-run Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust...
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- Ships look to replace exhausted seafarers as ports slowly open
SHIP captain Ravi Nagar hasn't seen his wife and 3-year-old son in eight months due to Covid-19 and has been stuck on a tanker shuttling between...
- Five ships detained in UK over welfare fears for crew
BRITAIN's Transport Secretary, Grant Shapps, has made an urgent intervention in the growing crisis over the welfare of 1,500 crew on five cruise...
- Nippon Express pays US$51m for MD Logistics to boost pharma
JAPAN-BASED logistics firm Nippon Express has acquired Indiana-based MD Logistics in a deal worth JPY5
- Abu Dhabi Ports links up with Bengal Tiger Line to launch Safeen Feeders
ABU Dhabi Ports has established a new feeder services company named Safeen Feeders in partnership with Bengal Tiger Line (BTL), as part of its...
- Indian scrap yards brace for new wave of ship demolitions
DEMOLITION markets in the Indian subcontinent have now largely reopened and are preparing for a new wave of containerships for scrapping
- Hapag-Lloyd's box ship quarantined at Durban due to coronavirus
GERMAN shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd has confirmed reports that its 2,824 TEU Montpellier has been ordered by the authorities in Durban, South Africa to...
- Distressed Virgin Australia has no shortage of white knights
DESPITE the severe down in global aviation, the result of the coronavirus outbreak, troubled Virgin Australia Holdings has plenty of suitor ready to...
- CEVA appointed by General Motors to manage ventilator supply chain
CEVA Logistics, now a CMA CGM unit, has been appointed by General Motors as its 4PL to manage its entire ventilator production supply chain from the...
- India reopens economy but millions refuse to budge in face of high risks
INDIA is gradually easing stay-at-home restrictions across the country, but the return to work in the midst of the coronavirus pandemic faces serious...
- Aframax crude oil tanker M/T JAG LEELA exploded, big fire broke out! (VIDEO)
On the morning of May 11, several explosions were reported in the Aframax crude oil tanker JAG LEELA, followed by a massive fire with black smoke.
- World faces food shortages if extreme weather ruins harvests amid Covid-19
SUPPLY chains that produce and transport the world's food are being squeezed amid the coronavirus pandemic
- CMA CGM scraps peak season surcharge for E Med, Black Sea to Indian Subcontinent
CMA CGM is cancelling its peak season surcharge (PSS) of US$200 per dry container that was introduced on March 15, starting from May 1
- US flies in more emergency medical supplies to fight coronavirus
THE US is continuing to airlift emergency medical supplies with at least two all-cargo planes making deliveries last week
- Thousands of Indian seafarers stranded due to coronavirus curbs
With the unprecedented lockdown in place, nearly 40,000 Indian crew members across the world are unable to reach home.
- The idle containership fleet is to breach the 3m TEU, says Alphaliner
The idle containership fleet is expected to breach the 3m teu mark as lines blank more sailings and withdraw services according to analyst...
- First lakers open Great Lakes annual 2020 summer navigation season
THE 63,500-ton ore carrier Burns Harbor has departed from Twin Ports, 40 miles from Duluth, the first laker to open the Great Lakes summer navigation...