RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
- XPO Logistics revenues hit by Covid, but stays upbeat and bullish
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics suffered a year-on-year second quarter net loss of US$57 million, drawn on revenues of $1
- Half of Australia's exports go to China Canberra statistics reveal
AUSTRALIAN reported a record trade surplus in the 12 months ending in June due to surging exports to China, which comprise almost half of goods...
- Port of Rotterdam cargo volumes suffer 9.1pc drop in first half
THE Port of Rotterdam lifted 218
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- EU Commission clears Alstom's takeover of Bombardier Transportation
CANADIAN plane and train maker Bombardier and French Alstom train maker have welcomed the European Commission's decision to accept the...
- Containership scrapping increases as July hits three-year high
CONTAINERSHIP scrapping reached a three-year high in July according to Hellenic Shipping News
- China's factories recover in July, says Purchasing Manager's Index
CHINA's factory activity expanded in July for the fifth month in a row and at a faster pace, beating analyst expectations despite disruptions...
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1
- Shanghai port sees container throughput hit record high in July
SHANGHAI port's container throughput of Shanghai port exceeded 3
- Trade wars and pandemic shrink cargo volumes at US coast ports
TRADE wars and the Covid-19 pandemic continue to hurt traffic through the nation's East and West Coast ports in 2020, with some reporting...
- Global shipyards face crisis with receding box ship orders
WITH global demand expected to contract by some 10 per cent this year, due to the impact of the pandemic, blanked sailings are likely to be...
- Hong Kong's Q2 GDP shrinks 9pc amid the coronavirus outbreak
PROVISIONAL statistics released by the Hong Kong government show that the city's economy contracted 9 per cent in the second quarter, making it...
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...
- SF Airlines' freighter fleet hits 60
SHENZHEN-BASED fast expanding express carrier SF Airlines' fleet reached 60 aircraft with the recent delivery of a B757-200 - the second plane...
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- US box imports slide 10pc in June, better performance by west coast ports
UNLIKE the trend of the past year, US west coast ports fared better in comparison with their east and Gulf coast gateway rivals last month, recording...
- Cathay Pacific anticipates historic loss of US$1.28 billion due to virus
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific says it expects to incur a substantial loss of HKD9
- Cathay shareholders approve US$5 billion bailout to avoid collapse
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Airways' shareholders approved a plan to raise HK$39 billion (US$5 billion) in a government-backed rescue that...
- E-commerce continues to be hurt by Indonesia's pandemic restrictions
E-COMMERCE platforms continue to take a hit from the social restrictions imposed by Indonesia because of the Covid-19 pandemic, reports the Jakarta...