REEFER markets are more resilient in the Covid crisis and general slowdown than other cargo types, says New Jersey's SeaCube Containers vice...
- High demand for vaccine expected to boost ocean carriers
- WFS sets up Project Coldstream to handle 16b doses of Covid-19 vaccine
PARIS, France-headquartered cargo handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has launched Project Coldstream to co-ordinate its response to the...
- Cathay Pacific Cargo targets South American, African markets
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific's wants to expand its reach to South America and Africa, says the airline's new director of cargo Tom Owens
- CMA CGM revises West Africa Express service
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has introduced call changes to its West Africa Express (WAX) service, which operates on the Asia-West Africa trade
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- Work begins on 1.2 million TEU Abidjan container terminal
FRENCH logistics giant Bollore and Maersk's global port operator APM Terminals (APMT) have joined to build a 1
- Wuhan starts scheduled cargo flights to Ethiopia with Covid aid
SCHEDULED air cargo flights from Wuhan to Addis Ababa, have commenced, reports Xinhua
- South Africa and China to revamp 10-year strategic cooperation plan
CHINA and South Africa are working on a new 10-year strategic program for cooperation, as the current one nears its end, reports Bloomberg News
- Qatar Airways resume routes as South African Airways shuts down
QATAR Airways has announced the resumption of flights to Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, reports the American Journal of Transportation
- Insolvent South African Airways suspends operations
OPERATIONS of South African Airways (S) were immediately suspended last week by administrators in charge of the struggling airline, reports...
- Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounces back
THE Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounced back strongly, crossing 130 points for the first time in 2020, reported the American...
- Suez container traffic falls 15pc on Covid despite discounts
COVID-19 has resulted in a 15 per cent plunge in container traffic through the Suez Canal, reports Rome's ANSA (Agenzia Nazionale Stampa...
- China's weekly export container shipping index increases 1.5pc
CHINA's index of export container transport went up in the past week, according to the Shanghai Shipping Exchange, reports Xinhua
- China's America, Europe trade value slips 4.1 to 2.4pc in 2020
CHINA's export trade value with North America in the first eight months of the year fell 4
- Air cargo recovery in India driven by perishables, pharma and e-commerce
MUMBAI International Airport (MIAL) handled 72,000 tonnes of general cargo between April and August, a staggering 278 per cent increase over the same...
- Fujian launches six shipping services to Europe and Asia
SIX new services linking the ports of Xiamen and Fuzhou in Fujian, China with Asia and Europe have been launched as part of the Silk Road Maritime...
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- WFS expands cargo handling operations at OR Tambo with new contracts
MAJOR global ground handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has expanded its cargo handling operations at Johannesburg's OR Tambo International...
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- Prompt action needed for air cargo sector to handle vaccine distribution
THE global head of cargo at the International Air Transport Association (IATA), Glynn Hughes, says the air cargo sector still faces challenges after...