EMIRATES SkyCargo is celebrating 30 years of operations in Singapore during which it has facilitated trade and supported business links between...
- Emirates SkyCargo marks 30 years of Singapore operations
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Major Gridlock Expected in Ship Repair Yards
Ship owners are expected to face huge delays and congestion in their attempts to book future retrofitting or ship repair projects in the various...
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- OOCL clinches fuel efficiency gong
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has been presented with the Fuel Efficiency Award at the Seatrade Maritime...
- Repatriation required for 80,000 Filipino seafarers stranded in ships
REPATRIATION is long overdue for about 80,000 Filipino seafarers who are stranded in ships worldwide with their work contracts expired and unable to...
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding clinches new orders worth US$102m
CHINA's Yangzijiang Shipbuilding announced it has secured new shipbuilding orders for four vessels worth about SGD141
- Ships look to replace exhausted seafarers as ports slowly open
SHIP captain Ravi Nagar hasn't seen his wife and 3-year-old son in eight months due to Covid-19 and has been stuck on a tanker shuttling between...
- More than 100 companies back HPH's Quebec City terminal
HONG Kong's Hutchison Port Holdings (HPH) Quebec City terminal has received support from more than 100 companies, says the Port of Quebec
- APL England heads for Chinese repair yard after losing 50 boxes
SINGAPORE-FLAGGED 5,780 TEU APL England that lost 50 boxes off the coast of Australia has been allowed to leave Brisbane, heading for a Chinese...
- SIA Cargo puts reliance on cargo-only passenger flights
SINGAPORE's SIA Cargo has reported that May cargo load factor was 14
- Lesser criminal incidents at sea increase in Asia in 5 months
AN increase of lesser criminal incidents at sea were reported between January and May in Bangladesh, India, Indonesia, the Philippines, Vietnam and...
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Enough is enough: World's seafarers exercising to leave ships amid Covid-19
The International Transport Workers’ Federation (ITF) and its affiliated seafarers’ unions will now assist hundreds of thousands of seafarers to...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- IMO 2020 added $100 million to CMA CGM's first quarter bunker bill
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM bunker fuel bill rose 11 per cent in the first quarter, as fuel became more expensive immediately after the global...