WITH production gradually recovering and cargo space still limited due to the reduced number of passenger flights, Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is...
- Dachser adds weekly Frankfurt-Shanghai charter for the autumn peak
- Maersk starts airfreight forwarding operations with charter flights
DANISH shipping giant Maersk has launched airfreight forwarding operations with the addition of charter flights between Thailand to Japan
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Moscow's ZIA Cargo obtains RA-3 certification to fly freight to EU
ZHUKOVSKY International Airport cargo handler ZIA Cargo JSC has completed the RA-3 certification process making it easier for airlines to transport...
- Alibaba inks deal with Atlas Air to serve South America e-commerce market
CHINA's Cainiao Smart Logistics Network - a subsidiary of Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba - has inked a freighter charter deal with Atlas Air as...
- Emirates SkyCargo reaches milestone of 15 years of operations in Vietnam
EMIRATES SkyCargo has marked 15 years of airfreight operations in Vietnam, during which time it 'has helped to facilitate trade between the...
- New services at Brussels Airport as carriers gear up for vaccine flights
BRUSSELS Airport has welcomed new cargo flights with DHL's subsidiary European Air Transport Leipzig (EAT) and All Nippon Airlines Cargo adding...
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines for Japan's First LNG Ferries!
Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines to Power Japan’s First LNG Ferries!
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- Qatar Airways resume routes as South African Airways shuts down
QATAR Airways has announced the resumption of flights to Cape Town, Durban and Johannesburg, reports the American Journal of Transportation
- US-owned Seaspan buys two 2,000-TEUers for $176 million
HONG KONG'S Seaspan Corporation, a unit of New York listed and US based Atlas Corp, has announced it has taken delivery of two 12,000-TEU ships...
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Geodis commits long-term air freight capacity to Asia-Europe corridor
FRENCH logistics giant Geodis has confirmed a two-way schedule of flights from China to Europe and back through to early 2021 as part of its...
- EL AL Cargo expands air freight operations with Dubai service
ISRAEL's EL AL has further expanded its cargo operations through a new service to Dubai and by entering into a new partnership with CargoJetX on...
- Trafigura lobbies UN to introduce ship decarbonisation tax
DUTCH ship charterer Trafigura is lobbying for a decarbonisation tax by the UN's International Maritime Organisation (IMO) of between US$250-$300...
- Annual peak air cargo season at full tilt all the way to Christmas
THE peak season is in full swing for international air freight when shippers pay more for less, reports New York's FreightWaves
- Shipowners 'see dollar signs' as charter market soars
THE latest Alphaliner idle tonnage report shows that a further 65 vessels, for a total of 155,350 TEU, have found employment in the past two weeks,...
- Air cargo recovery in India driven by perishables, pharma and e-commerce
MUMBAI International Airport (MIAL) handled 72,000 tonnes of general cargo between April and August, a staggering 278 per cent increase over the same...