TAIWAN-BASED Starlux Airlines has deployed IBS Software's iCargo platform as it prepares to expand operations
- Starlux Airlines utilises IBS Software's iCargo platform
- CP and Maersk to build world-class logistics facility in Vancouver
CANADIAN Pacific Railway Limited (CP) and Danish shipping giant Maersk have reached an agreement to build and operate a world-class transload and...
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- Welding work causes another Beirut port fire
FOLLOWING last month's explosion that killed 200 and injured thousand, another fire at the troubled Port of Beirut has broken out, with locals...
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Mounting pressure on China exporters with soaring US shipping costs
SHIPPING freight rates from Shanghai to the west coast of the US have more than doubled to US$3,639 per FEU between May to August, making it the...
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- Global Port Tracker's mood changes from negative to positive
US IMPORTS surged to unexpected levels and may have hit a new record as the US economy continues to reopen and retailers stock up for the holiday...
- Sanmar delivers another tug to Somaliland Port Authority
- Carbon pricing 'key' to shipping emission decarbonisation
COLLABORATION between stakeholders is needed if the shipping industry is to meet decarbonisation targets set by the UN's International Maritime...
- Covid lockdowns could bring world shipping to a halt: expert
CLOSURES of international borders, flight caps and Covid quarantines pose a grave threat to global supply chains and the welfare of seafarers, warns...
- Court stops Kenya Airways pilots' sacking until state bailout
A COURT ordered Kenya Airways to stop sacking pilots pending a case challenging the layoffs, reports Bloomberg
- Canada's foreign trade makes strides towards post-Covid recovery
CANADA's trade with the world continued its recovery to more normal levels as exports and imports increased 35 per cent since falling to a...
- Eco-study finds proposed IMO Arctic bunker ban 'no ban at all'
A PROPOSED UN Arctic polluting fuel ban has come under attack for not being strict enough, reports EURACTIV Media Network of Brussels
- Saudi Arabia okays UAE request to use airspace for all routes
SAUDI ARABIA approved the United Arab Emirates' (UAE) request to use the kingdom's airspace for all flights, reports London's Air Cargo...
- Congestion free Louisiana port looks to docking 23,000-TEUers
LOUISIANA's Port of Plaquemines plans a 1,000-acre site capable of handling up to three 23,000-TEU ships, with an annual capacity of two million...
- Port Tracker: US sees weakest peak season in 4 years
US imports at major US ports during 2020 are expected to see their lowest total in four years as the impact of the Covid crisis hits the economy,...
- Ontario airport cargo up 16.1pc in US tops air cargo growth
LOS ANGELES area Ontario International Airport has experienced double-digit growth in air cargo during 2020, reports the San Gabriel Valley Tribune