THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
- Threat of US-Europe trade war sparks off more transatlantic blankings
2M partners Maersk and MSC have extended the suspension of their TA4/NEUATL4 transatlantic loop through to September
- Korean shipbuilders rush to develop eco-friendly ships amid regulations!
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- OOCL clinches fuel efficiency gong
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has been presented with the Fuel Efficiency Award at the Seatrade Maritime...
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Repatriation required for 80,000 Filipino seafarers stranded in ships
REPATRIATION is long overdue for about 80,000 Filipino seafarers who are stranded in ships worldwide with their work contracts expired and unable to...
- RCL revamps RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia
THAILAND-BASED Regional Container Lines (RCL) has revamped its RMS service to link up Malaysia and Indonesia in a new 'butterfly' service
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- Launch capsize in Buriganga: 32 bodies recovered so far
Rescue workers recovered the bodies of 32 people after a launch carrying over 100 passengers capsized in Buriganga river at Dhaka's Shyambazar this...
- Australia cracks down on crew changes
Australia is cracking down on ships where seafarers are working beyond their original contract lengths.
- Autonomous drone inspections move step closer after successful test
AN autonomous drone inspection has successfully taken place aboard a 19
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- Yang Ming wants to own more ships to cut chartering costs: chairman
TAIWANESE shipping line Yang Ming Marine Transport (YM) wants to increase the proportion of owned capacity in its fleet, from the current 30 per cent...
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...
- HMM's fleet of box ships increases, other top ocean carriers cut capacity
EVERY deepsea carrier has reduced its operated capacity this year, except South Korea's HMM, which is taking delivery of a series of the...
- Five South Korean sailors abducted in waters off Benin
Five South Korean sailors and a Ghanaian have been kidnapped by unidentified armed groups in waters off Benin in West Africa, the Foreign Ministry...
- MOL leads consortium to test unmanned vessels this year
JAPAN's Mitsui OSK Lines (MOL) has announced that two of its group and other consortium members have applied to the Nippon Foundation to fund...
- Yangzijiang Shipbuilding clinches new orders worth US$102m
CHINA's Yangzijiang Shipbuilding announced it has secured new shipbuilding orders for four vessels worth about SGD141