UNITED Airlines has reported a US$1
- United Airlines posts US$1.8b Q3 loss as revenue plunges 78pc
- ICTSI Ecuador invests US$18m to develop Guayaquil Port
INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc's (ICTSI's) subsidiary in Ecuador, Contecon Guayaquil SA (CGSA), has signed an investment...
- Banks to shun shipping post-Covid: banking and maritime industry veteran
FOR all the talk that shipping will escape 2020 as one of very few industries to have had an improved year financially, 'do not expect banks to...
- Shipping urged to work with EU to develop new green framework
A KEY message emanating from the recent virtual high-level meeting at the Global Maritime Forum is that rather than fighting regional environmental...
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- CEVA Logistics clinches 3-yr contract with Brazil's largest toy retailer
SWITZERLAND-HEADQUARTERED CEVA Logistics has won a three-year contract to provide warehousing, logistics and e-commerce services to Brazil's...
- China's Q3 GDP grows 4.9pc, economy gains more momentum
CHINA's economic recovery gathered pace in the third quarter as consumers returned to malls and major trading partners reopened for business,...
- Canada-China trade up 6.9pc while trade with US shinks 17pc this year
CHINA's share of Canadian trade has risen to record levels, as exports and imports with China represented 6
- Oil major Shell looks to decarbonise shipping by 2050
OIL major Shell has highlighted hydrogen and fuel cells to achieve decarbonised shipping by 2050, reports Colchester's Seatrade Maritime News
- MSC's executive says hydrogen, biofuels are the key to future fuel mix
SWISS international shipping carrier Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has forecast that hydrogen and biofuels are to become key components of...
- Geodis has new managing director in Vietnam
GLOBAL logistics service provider Geodis has announced the appointment of Simon Vandekerckove as country managing director in Vietnam
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- The tugs built by Sanmar have reached the Orkney Islands!
Tugboats named Odin of Scapa and Thor of Scapa, built at Sanmar Shipyards which is the world-famous construction facility, reached Orkney Islands and...
- Unions press Ottawa for US$5.3 billion bailout of Canadian airlines
UNIONS representing airline workers are calling for CAD7 billion (US$5
- JNPT container volume slips to 380,384 TEU in September
INDIA's leading port Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) said it handled 380,384TEU in September, which is 95 per cent of the cargo handled in the...
- China tops world trade recovery, says UK think-tank
CHINA has become the first major economy to spring back to its feet with its exports currently being higher than ever, according to a research...
- US expands rare earth mining plans to reduce China dependence
US President Donald Trump signed an executive order to expand domestic production of rare-earth minerals that are important for most manufacturing...
- Charter rates soar with old panamaxes fetching top dollar
CONTAINERSHIP charter rates continue to soar against a backdrop of tight supply across most sectors, reports London's Loadstar
- Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines for Japan's First LNG Ferries!
Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines to Power Japan’s First LNG Ferries!
- Revenue pressures continue for North American Airports and Airlines
THE Covid recovery period in the US and Canada will intensify revenue and cost pressures on North American airports and airlines, reports...