RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
- Gebruder Weiss spends US$7.9 million on Vienna ecommerce hub
AUSTRIA's transport and logistics company Gebruder Weiss' home delivery division has invested EUR6
- APMT Alabama box shop's plan threatens US east coast rivals
MAERSK's APM Terminals Mobile plans to expand in Alabama to 1
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1
- Port of Tanjung Pelepas smashes another move record
MALAYSIA's Port of Tanjung Pelepas (PTP) has established another operational milestone after it broke the productive moves per hour (PMPH) record...
- Pacific Northwest ports looking for volume rebound in Q3
CONTAINER volumes at North America's Pacific Northwest ports are declining this year due primarily to the drop in consumer demand caused by...
- Global shipyards face crisis with receding box ship orders
WITH global demand expected to contract by some 10 per cent this year, due to the impact of the pandemic, blanked sailings are likely to be...
- Increasing use of digital air cargo bookings despite Covid-19 outbreak
THE use of air cargo online booking portals looks set to increase over the coming months, despite a slowdown in growth during the height of the PPE...
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...
- Ontario International Airport freight shipments surge 30pc in June
AIRFREIGHT shipments increased by nearly 30 per cent in June and 20 per cent in the first half of the year at Ontario International Airport (ONT),...
- Ironing out bugs in post-Brexit UK-EU software looms as concern
BRITISH plans for border controls post Brexit will rely on an IT system to cope with the extra burdens businesses will face from January 1, reports...
- Port of Virginia's FY2020 box volumes down 6.2pc handling 2.8m TEU
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume was off by more than 181,000 TEU in fiscal year 2020, with the decrease attributable to the trade tariffs...
- Kenya's China-built Mombasa-Nairobi railway moves 207,000 TEU in 2020
FREIGHT trains have continued to operate despite disruptions on the economy by Covid-19 moving 207,000 TEU the 300 miles between the Port of Mombasa...
- New ISO standard coming for marine fuels
With the varied parameters in VLSFO there is a need to revise the ISO 8217 marine fuel standard, which could take three years to complete
- E-commerce continues to be hurt by Indonesia's pandemic restrictions
E-COMMERCE platforms continue to take a hit from the social restrictions imposed by Indonesia because of the Covid-19 pandemic, reports the Jakarta...
- Malaysian port community win financial breaks to ease Covid-19 impact
LOGISTICS concerns in Port Klang are receiving support with a slew of financial incentives and initiatives as they recover from the Covid-19...
- Port of New York New Jersey blame pandemic for May's 16.5pc cargo slump
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's (PANYNJ) cargo volume dropped 16
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- Panalpina CFO Robet Erni replaces Burkhard Eling at Dachser Group
GERMAN freight company headquartered in Kempten, Dachser is appointing experienced logistics CFO Robert Erni to succeed Burkhard Eling