FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to levy a US$150 per TEU port congestion surcharge from October 1 on all Asian containers imported or exported...
- CMA CGM imposes US$150/TEU congestion charge on Felixstowe
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- China winning trade war with US as trade surplus widens to over US$300b
CHINA's trade surplus with the US has grown almost 25 per cent since the start of the Trump presidency, exceeding US$300 billion on an annualised...
- Covid-19 supply chain disruption boosts hub port role: PSA executive
THE regional CEO of Middle East South Asia and head of business development at PSA International, Wan Chee Foong, says that the supply chain...
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Cathay flew 98.8pc fewer passengers and 36.7pc less cargo in August
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 102,122 tonnes of cargo and mail in August, a decrease of 36
- Sealand Asia and CNC Line come up with revamped Philippines services
IN a move to cater to rising demand from Southeast Asian countries, the intra-Asia units of Maersk Line and CMA CGM have fine-tuned their services to...
- Port of Salalah volume up 13pc to 2.2 million TEU in first half
OMAN's Salalah port continues to see significant growth as key lines consolidate operations around the harbour, reports Dubai's Maritime...
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Global Port Tracker's mood changes from negative to positive
US IMPORTS surged to unexpected levels and may have hit a new record as the US economy continues to reopen and retailers stock up for the holiday...
- FedEx to hire 70,000 workers for 'holiday shipping season'
US EXPRESS delivery giant FedEx expects to hire 70,000 seasonal workers, up 27 per cent year on year, to cope with an anticipated Christmas shipping...
- Maersk breaks ranks and drops Nigerian peak season surcharge
DENMARK's Maersk Line, the world's biggest container carrier has broken ranks with the European Community Shippers Association (ECSA) and...
- CMA CGM profit up 26.3pc to US$1.2 billion as sales fall 9pc
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM's second quarter operating profit increased 26
- Port Tracker: US sees weakest peak season in 4 years
US imports at major US ports during 2020 are expected to see their lowest total in four years as the impact of the Covid crisis hits the economy,...
- Boeing lets EVA drop 10 Dreamliners for three 777Fs instead
TAIWAN's Evergreen Airways (EVA Air), a Taiwa has reportedly reached an agreement with Boeing to change seven 787-10 on-order Dreamliners to...
- Importers analysing peak season shipments in LA to Long Beach
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach handled 53
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- July air cargo demand stable, but capacity remains constrained by Covid
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) has reported that global demand, measured in cargo ton kilometres (CTKs), fell by 13
- India posts worst GDP fall of major economies as Covid spikes
INDIA's economy fell 23