E-COMMERCE platforms continue to take a hit from the social restrictions imposed by Indonesia because of the Covid-19 pandemic, reports the Jakarta...
- E-commerce continues to be hurt by Indonesia's pandemic restrictions
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- Port of Marseille Fos to invest US$64.5 million to promote recovery
THE Port of Marseille Fos posted a 15 per cent year-on-year decline in overall cargo volume in the first half while container throughput fell 17 per...
- Port of New York New Jersey blame pandemic for May's 16.5pc cargo slump
THE Port Authority of New York and New Jersey's (PANYNJ) cargo volume dropped 16
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- Long Beach volumes fall 11.1pc in June as Covid-19 hammers west coast
THE Port of Long Beach reported that 602,180 TEU crossed its docks in June, making for an 11
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Box volume at Virginia port plunges 23pc in May due to pandemic
THE Port of Virginia's cargo volume in May plummeted 22
- Macao's air cargo declines 19pc in May to 2,525 tonnes, says DSEC
AIR cargo totalled 2,525 tonnes in May in Macao, a drop of 19pc The gross weight of inward cargo and transit cargo slumped 71
- Australian note air cargo moves toward structural recovery in June
PERSONAL protective equipment shipments volumes faded, but global air cargo volumes in June provided the first real indicators of the sector's...
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- Yang Ming beats IMO emission targets 11 years ahead of schedule
TAIWAN's Yang Ming has said its carbon emissions per TEU/kilometre have dropped by 51 per cent since 2008 and that it has reached IMO...
- Mundra overtakes Mumbai's JNPT as India's top container port
MUNDRA Port, India's biggest commercial port by volume and the flagship port of the Adani Group, edged past state-run Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Fewer late vessels in May, but degree of delays increasing: Sea-Intelligence
CONTAINER shipping consultancy Sea-Intelligence says container shipping schedule reliability improved by 5
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- SIPG and THE Alliance test fast-track box processing at Yangshan port
SHANGHAI International Port Group (SIPG) and THE Alliance have entered into an agreement to test out onshore container drop-offs for cargoes bound...
- US-China trade deal impacted by Covid-19 as bilateral trade slows
CHINA and the US have committed to fulfilling phase one their trade deal since the outbreak the Covid-19 pandemic, analysts have a recent decline in...