SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg
- ACI Maritime Crew Management Conference in London October 21
ACI's 27th Maritime HR & Crew Management Conference will be held in London on October 21 and 22
- ICS to UN: Governments needed to end crew change crisis
THE International Chamber Shipping (ICS) has warned the UN that the failure to allow 800,000 seafarers leave their ships where they have been...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Ship banned for AUD $118,000 in unpaid crew wages
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has today banned the Panama-flagged bulk carrier AC Sesoda for deliberately underpaying its crew by...
- 127 stranded Filipino seafarers await repatriation!
- Thousand of seafarers stuck on ships with no internet
THOUSANDS of seafarers visiting New Zealand are stranded on their ships due to the 28-day quarantine restrictions in the Covid-19, reports the New...
- Covid lockdowns could bring world shipping to a halt: expert
CLOSURES of international borders, flight caps and Covid quarantines pose a grave threat to global supply chains and the welfare of seafarers, warns...
- COVID-19: Nigeria Repatriates Over 500 Seafarers!
More than 500 seafarers have been repatriated to their various countries from Nigeria in the wake of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic, an...
- By refusing to work, more over-contract seafarers get off via Panama
After recent success in helping the crew of the MV Contamines get off their vessel and be repatriated via Panama, the ITF has helped more seafarers...
- Contamines crew refuse to work in Panama crew change stand off
The crew of another ship have taken matters into their own hands in a new front in the unfolding crew change crisis.
- Nine Abducted FPSO Crewmembers Released by Pirates
Nine Nigerian crewmembers who were kidnapped from the FPSO Sendje Berge last month have been released, according to operator BW Offshore.
- Carriers divert to Port of Tripoli 43 miles away after Beirut blast
LEADING container lines are diverting ships to Lebanon's smaller terminal of Tripoli after the devastating explosion at Beirut's port that...
- Fed up crews strike in Australia, protesting lack of crew changes
EXHAUSTED seafarers confined to their ships for months have stopped work in Australia to protest restrictions on the lack of crew changes resulting...
- Australia bans bulk carrier TW Hamburg for wage exploitation!
Overnight the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) banned the Liberian-flagged bulk carrier TW Hamburg from Australian ports for 12 months.
- Dubai witnesses crew change of 3,000 seafarers
Dubai witnesses crew change of 3,000 seafarers within its territorial waters with joint efforts of DMCA and GDRFA
- GAC helps repatriate 3,000 Indian seafarers home
NEARLY 3,000 Indian seafarers from Holland America Line, Princess Cruises and Seabourn ships are back with their families after being successfully...
- Hong Kong tightens rules on movements of seafarers and aircrews
STARTING tomorrow, new rules introduced by the Hong Kong government will come into effect to prevent seafarers and aircrews from mixing with the...
- HK's shipping fraternity lends support to crew change operations locally
THE Hong Kong Shipowners Association (HKSOA) and the Hong Kong Liner Shipping Association (HKLSA) have stressed the importance of supporting...