THE Port of Oakland handled a total of 93,916 TEU of imports last month, surpassing the 2019 record by 10
- Oakland port has best September ever for import volume with a spike of 11pc
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- Record Q3 container volume of 2.7m TEU at the Port of Los Angeles
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Los Angeles hit an all-time high in the third quarter and showed few signs of slowing as year-end holiday...
- JNPT container volume slips to 380,384 TEU in September
INDIA's leading port Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) said it handled 380,384TEU in September, which is 95 per cent of the cargo handled in the...
- South Carolina Ports September volumes show signs of new strength
THE South Carolina Ports Authority's September volumes reflect the strongest year-on-year activity since the Covid crisis hit, showing a...
- China's economic rebound lost momentum in September
China's economic rebound showed signs of plateauing in September, weighed down by lackluster home and car sales, a weaker stock market, and...
- Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounces back
THE Drewry Container Port Throughput Index for July bounced back strongly, crossing 130 points for the first time in 2020, reported the American...
- Shipowners 'see dollar signs' as charter market soars
THE latest Alphaliner idle tonnage report shows that a further 65 vessels, for a total of 155,350 TEU, have found employment in the past two weeks,...
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- India posts worst GDP fall of major economies as Covid spikes
INDIA's economy fell 23
- China's attempts to spur consumption show signs of working
A GAUGE of Chinese business activity outside the factory floor rose to its highest level in two and a half years in August, a sign that Beijing's...
- Cosco Shipping Ports bullish on recovery with HI net profit up 11pc to US$163m
CHINA state-owned Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has posted a net profit of US$163
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Manila's Asian Terminals' H1 profits plunge 46pc hit by Covid-19
PHILIPPINE stock exchange-listed port operator Asian Terminals Inc (ATI) has seen its profits sink by 46
- Leading Malaysian GSA signs exclusive deal to handle IAG Cargo
ONE of Malaysia's leading air cargo general sales and service firms, ABDA Aviation Sdn Bhd, has gone into partnership with IAG Cargo, a...
- Trump administration signs order seeking to return drug making to US
US President Donald Trump signed an executive order to encourage production of drugs and medical supplies in the US following shortages the Covid-19...
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...