MARSEILLE-HEADQUARTERED container liner CMA CGM expanded its reach into air cargo logistics with the recent acquisition of a 30 per cent stake in a...
- CMA CGM buys stake in French airline group, expanding air cargo logistics
- CEVA Logistics opens new offices in Ecuador and Uruguay
SWITZERLAND's CEVA Logistics, a subsidiary of French shipping giant CMA CGM, has officially opened its own offices in Ecuador and Uruguay as part...
- MOL fined in California for air pollution violations that occured three years ago
JAPANESE carrier MOL, which now operates as part of the Ocean Network Express (ONE) group, has been fined more than US$250,000 for air pollution...
- Cargo throughput slips 18pc at S Korean seaports on coronavirus
CARGO handled at South Korean seaports totalled 117
- Port of Savannah records best-ever August for container throughput
THE Port of Savannah handled 441,600 TEU in August, marking not only the best August on record, but the best overall month on record in the history...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- Fujian launches six shipping services to Europe and Asia
SIX new services linking the ports of Xiamen and Fuzhou in Fujian, China with Asia and Europe have been launched as part of the Silk Road Maritime...
- CMA CGM's first of nine LNG-powered 23,000 TEU box ships enters service
THE world's largest LNG-powered ship, the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, has entered into service plying the carrier's French Asia Line...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- CP and Maersk to build world-class logistics facility in Vancouver
CANADIAN Pacific Railway Limited (CP) and Danish shipping giant Maersk have reached an agreement to build and operate a world-class transload and...
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- ONE's launches new JCV service with direct link to Vietnam from Japan and China
JAPAN's Ocean Network Express (ONE) is to launch a new service next month connecting Japan and China to Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- China mulls enacting blank sailing ban to chill soaring freight rates
BEIJING is considering forbidding ocean carriers to cancel sailings from China as transpacific rates soared to an eight-year high, reported...
- Carbon pricing 'key' to shipping emission decarbonisation
COLLABORATION between stakeholders is needed if the shipping industry is to meet decarbonisation targets set by the UN's International Maritime...
- Nigerian law makers want ocean liners to explain 'illegal' charge
THE Nigerian House of Representatives Committee on Ports and Harbours is seeking European shipping lines to clarify a 400 per cent illicit peak...