THE Spanish port of Valenciaport has announced the handling of close to half a million TEU in September, as the port continues its fifth month in...
- Valenciaport's box volume continues to grow for the fifth month in a row
- China's Q3 GDP grows 4.9pc, economy gains more momentum
CHINA's economic recovery gathered pace in the third quarter as consumers returned to malls and major trading partners reopened for business,...
- Cathay Pacific Cargo targets South American, African markets
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific's wants to expand its reach to South America and Africa, says the airline's new director of cargo Tom Owens
- Works start on developing Saudi Arabia's KAPD mega container port
EFFORTS are proceeding to develop Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz Port Dammam (KAPD) into a mega container terminal and regional hub for shipping
- Textile companies in India to gain from US-China trade war
THE US-issued Withhold Release Order on cotton and apparel imports from specific producers in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, which may...
- Vietnam plans second container port near Ho Chi Minh City
THE Vietnamese government is planning to build another container port on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, with several sites under consideration,...
- Geodis has new managing director in Vietnam
GLOBAL logistics service provider Geodis has announced the appointment of Simon Vandekerckove as country managing director in Vietnam
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Global freight forwarding market to shrink by 10.2 per cent in 2020
UK's Transport Intelligence's (Ti's) latest projections for 2020 show that global freight forwarding market will contract by 10
- China's exports up 10pc as trade growth accelerates in September
CHINA's exports increased year on year by 9
- Saudi Global Ports takes over management of King Abdulaziz Port
SAUDI Global Ports Company (SGP) has officially taken over the management of both First and Second Container Terminals in King Abdulaziz Port Dammam...
- JNPT container volume slips to 380,384 TEU in September
INDIA's leading port Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) said it handled 380,384TEU in September, which is 95 per cent of the cargo handled in the...
- China tops world trade recovery, says UK think-tank
CHINA has become the first major economy to spring back to its feet with its exports currently being higher than ever, according to a research...
- Drone gains increase options for next-generation aviation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the US$387 million Future Flight Challenge are making new rounds in the UK aviation industry by bringing...
- Lloyd's awards Evergreen for autonomous box ship progress
LLOYD's Register (LR) has awarded its Digital Safe Security certification to Evergreen for its 12,000-TEU containership newbuilding, reports...
- US August imports hit all time high as recovery strengthens
US IMPORTS reached all-time highs as retail sales bounced back from the Covid crisis as stores stocked up for Christmas sales, according to Global...
- Work begins on 1.2 million TEU Abidjan container terminal
FRENCH logistics giant Bollore and Maersk's global port operator APM Terminals (APMT) have joined to build a 1
- Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines for Japan's First LNG Ferries!
Yanmar Receives Order for 8EY26LDF Dual Fuel Engines to Power Japan’s First LNG Ferries!
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- Ups and downs of Russian box traffic as Arctic volumes increase
TOTAL container throughput of all the Russian sea ports during January-August 2020 amounted to 3