Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
- Fujian launches six shipping services to Europe and Asia
SIX new services linking the ports of Xiamen and Fuzhou in Fujian, China with Asia and Europe have been launched as part of the Silk Road Maritime...
- CMA CGM's first of nine LNG-powered 23,000 TEU box ships enters service
THE world's largest LNG-powered ship, the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, has entered into service plying the carrier's French Asia Line...
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- 2M restores transpacific capacity and requests for return of empties
THE 2M Alliance has become the latest container shipping bloc to return more capacity to the transpacific trades after the two partners, Maersk and...
- Sydney's container congestion sparks anger all round Down Under
SYDNEY's pile up of empties, sorely needed in China ports if liners would only take them there, are causing massive congestion in Botany Bay,...
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- LATAM Airlines appoints industry veteran as new CCO
CHILE's LATAM Airlines Group has appointed Marty St George to be its new chief commercial officer
- Airports and airlines call for an extension to slot rule waiver
AIRLINE and airport groups have formed an alliance to request the European Commission to extend the slot waiver system over the winter season,...
- Montreal dock strike hit for Prince Rupert, Vancouver delays
BENEFICIAL cargo owners (BCO) shipping through Vancouver and Prince Rupert are to expect delays and congestion into mid-September, reports IHS Media
- Importers analysing peak season shipments in LA to Long Beach
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach handled 53
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg makes its first call in at Port of Hamburg
With the first call of the 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg, another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- 'HMM HAMBURG' Makes Its First Call in Hamburg
With the first call of the 'HMM HAMBURG', another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- King Abdullah Port links east-west 2M Alliance shipping routes
2M ALLIANCE carriers Maersk and MSC have chosen the Red Sea's Saudi King Abdullah Port as a logistics station, confirming the importance of the...
- Hamburg H1 volume plunges 12.4pc with falling China trade
GERMANY's Port of Hamburg has become the latest victim of the COVID-19 pandemic, reporting a 12
- Arrival of new mega-containership risks tilting the balance on box trades
THE containership orderbook is at an historic low but top carriers have a backlog of 86 ships of over 10,000 TEU scheduled for delivery over the next...
- Korea's state-owned HMM posts its first quarterly profit in five years
SOUTH Korean shipping giant Hyundai Merchant Marine (HMM) posted a second quarter net profit - its first in five years - of KRW28
- HK Competition Commission okays box shops' Seaport Alliance plan
HONG KONG's Transport and Housing Bureau is expected to decide on August 26 whether to accept remedies proposed by container terminal operators...
- 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras biggest afloat to dock at Southampton
THE docking of the 24,000-TEU HMM Algeciras signals the arrival in the UK of the biggest containership built so far, reported London's Riviera...