ISRAEL's major shipping carrier Zim is deploying its vast experience and long-standing cooperation with cybersecurity experts Konfidas to...
- ZIM sets up ZKCyberStar with Konfidas to combat maritime cyber-attack
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- DHL Global Forwarding connects three continents with dedicated flights
THE freight forwarding specialist of Deutsche Post DHL Group, DHL Global Forwarding, has launched an air freight charter connecting Asia Pacific to...
- Carriers suspend trans-Pacific rate hikes after Chinese ministry comments
COSCO Shipping and Hong Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) have suspended planned September 15 general rate increases (GRIs) on the...
- China mulls enacting blank sailing ban to chill soaring freight rates
BEIJING is considering forbidding ocean carriers to cancel sailings from China as transpacific rates soared to an eight-year high, reported...
- India's major box port volumes increased 17.4pc in July
INDIA's container volumes through the country's ports continued to rise in July, albeit slightly, reports New Delhi's Financial Express
- Chinese exports beat expectations with 9.5pc jump in August
CHINA's exports jumped 9
- Tangier Med Port bucks trend as box volume rises 22pc in first half
MOROCCO's Tangier Med Port ended the first half of 2020 with positive economic indicators, posting a two per cent increase in revenue to MAD1
- Cosco's Piraeus port tops all in Mediterranean container capacity
THE Greek Port of Piraeus leads in container handling capacity in the Mediterranean, holding fourth spot in Europe, and 26th place globally,...
- Kerry Logistics 1H profit up 26pc to US$109 million, sales rise 10pc
HONG KONG's Kerry Logistics posted a 26 per cent first half year-on-year net profit increase to HK$845 million (US$109 million), drawn on...
- Airfreight rates from China on the rise
AIRFREIGHT rates from China to Europe and North America are on the rise, with rates from Shanghai to those destinations up about 10 per cent over the...
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- OOIL H1 profit down 19.4pc to US$102m despite 3.9pc rise in revenue
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has posted a profit...
- Zim like other carriers report profitable Q2 despite slide in volumes
ISRAELI carrier Zim has joined the fleet of major shipping lines reporting impressive second-quarter profits, despite significant volume declines, by...
- Container shortfall to normalise in next 2 months: Adani Ports CEO
THE slowdown in container markets is likely to end soon and volumes are expected to rise in the coming months, according to the CEO of Adani Ports...
- Asian carriers reap Q2 profits by controlling costs
LINER operators Evergreen Marine Corporation, Wan Hai Lines and Regional Container Lines (RCL) all reported profits for the second quarter of the...
- Expeditors 2Q profit up 29pc to US$247.6 million, sales rise 27pc
SEATTLE's Expeditors International posted a 29 per cent year-on-year increase in second quarter operating profit to US$247
- China-US west coast rates rise despite projections to the contrary
CHINA-US freight rates were up three per cent last week, even though volumes were expected to be down, reported the American Journal of...
- Nine Abducted FPSO Crewmembers Released by Pirates
Nine Nigerian crewmembers who were kidnapped from the FPSO Sendje Berge last month have been released, according to operator BW Offshore.
- Atlas Air Q2 profit down 9.2pc US$78.9 million as revenues rise 24.3pc
ATLAS Air Worldwide Holdings suffered a 9