FOLDING Damco into Maersk risks disrupting the shipping and logistics industries worldwide, says Zeus Logics customs broker Roger Crook, reports IHS...
- Maersk-Damco union risks being a bad game changer: customs broker
- World cargo movement starts to limp from Covid crisis: Drewry
CHINA, which led the recovery from the impact of Covid, surpassed the August 2019 Drewry Global Freight Index by close to five per cent (6
- Costamare Q3 net profit declines 29.8pc to US$25 million
COSTAMARE, a leading Greek shipowner and provider of containerships for charter posted a 29
- Singapore and Finland LNG bunker tie-up to service east-west trades
A UNIT of Singapore's Temasek Holdings, Pavilion Energy and Gasum, a Finnish state-owned gas company, are teaming up to extend transcontinental...
- DP World third quarter volume up 3.1pc to 18.3 million TEU
GLOBAL port operator DP World handled 18
- Boeing Max still talked about but no date of return set
CHINA doesn't have a clear timetable for when Boeing 737 Max can return to service, reports London's Air Cargo News
- IAG Cargo resumes London-Tokyo flights in hope of pharma
IAG CARGO has resumed its year-round service from London to Tokyo three times a week, reports the American Journal of Transportation
- Geodis acquires Polish logistics operator Pekaes
FRENCH transport and logistics company, Geodis has reached an agreement with the American investment firm Innova Capital for the acquisition of...
- High demand for vaccine expected to boost ocean carriers
REEFER markets are more resilient in the Covid crisis and general slowdown than other cargo types, says New Jersey's SeaCube Containers vice...
- China's September soybean imports from Brazil increase 51pc
CHINA's imports of soybeans from Brazil soared 51
- Hapag-Lloyd hit for leaving boxed soybean shippers in lurch
MINNESOTA's Specialty Soya and Grains Alliance (SSGA) was shocked when German shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd dropped its cheap backhaul beans...
- Yang Ming's new green 'YM Capacity' to be deployed on expand JTS service
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp (Yang Ming) has named the fifth of its ten 2,800-TEU container vessels 'YM Capacity' at a...
- Kuehne + Nagel Q3 profit up 24pc to US$293m on the back of revenue slide
SWISS-BASED forwarder Kuehne + Nagel posted a net profit of US$293 million in the third quarter, an increase of 24 per cent compared to the same...
- Dachser adds weekly Frankfurt-Shanghai charter for the autumn peak
WITH production gradually recovering and cargo space still limited due to the reduced number of passenger flights, Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is...
- Banks to shun shipping post-Covid: banking and maritime industry veteran
FOR all the talk that shipping will escape 2020 as one of very few industries to have had an improved year financially, 'do not expect banks to...
- ONE introduces new CIP service to boosts Asia-Indian subcontinent link
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) has unveiled a further addition to their extensive service network connecting Asia to...
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- Cathay Pacific axes 8,500 jobs and shuts down Cathay Dragon
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific has confirmed that it will cut 8,500 jobs across the entire group, including 5,300 local staff and 600...
- Antong Holdings auctions general cargo ship after government bailout
CASH-STRAPPED Chinese domestic liner operator Antong Holdings has begun selling assets to raise cash, a day after securing a government bailout
- Cathay Pacific Cargo targets South American, African markets
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific's wants to expand its reach to South America and Africa, says the airline's new director of cargo Tom Owens