IAG CARGO's strategy of setting up a scheduled cargo network of passenger-freighters while most of its aircraft are grounded has paid off,...
- IAG Cargo passenger-freighter idea pays off as sales soar 33.1pc
- Increased tonnage afloat will result in rate slide, says Alphaliner
SOME 313 containerships, or 1,555,959 TEU, remained laid-up as of July 20, representing 6
- MSC disputes veracity of eco lobby's analysis of its CO2 emissions
THE Mediterranean Shipping Co (MSC) says it has been falsely accused of backsliding in cutting carbon emissions, reports MarketScreener, of Annecy,...
- EU Commission clears Alstom's takeover of Bombardier Transportation
CANADIAN plane and train maker Bombardier and French Alstom train maker have welcomed the European Commission's decision to accept the...
- Gebruder Weiss spends US$7.9 million on Vienna ecommerce hub
AUSTRIA's transport and logistics company Gebruder Weiss' home delivery division has invested EUR6
- BA and Air France-KLM plan share sales, layoffs to survive Covid
BRITISH AIRWAYS owner IAG has plans for a EUR2
- Increasing congestion at ports due to cancelled sailings out of India
CONTAINER trades out of India are faced with increasing congestion, due to a combination of blanked sailings, equipment shortages and carriers unable...
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1
- Air cargo market 'exceptionally challenging' despite improvement in June
THE latest IATA statistics show that there are some signs of improvement in the decline in airfreight traffic in June, but business remains...
- ICTSI inks concession contract with Cameroon's Kribi terminal
MANILA's International Container Terminal Services, Inc (ICTSI) has signed a concession contract with the Port Autonome de Kribi (PAK) for the...
- A-E up 0.5pc to US$901/TEU, USWC soars to 21.9pc to $3,297/FEU
CONTAINERSHIP brokers are reporting 'brisk business', although owners are reluctant to fix for longer periods against rising daily hire rates
- Seventy per cent of Finnair's earnings driven by air cargo in Q2
FINNAIR Group's revenue in the first half of 2020 was mainly driven by cargo-only operations, as Covid-19 pandemic grounded the airline's...
- IOM Deplores Killing of Two Migrants Returned from Sea to Libya!
Two Sudanese migrants were killed and three others injured in a shooting at the Khums disembarkation point last night in Libya.
- Port of Constanta joins IPSCA to boost connectivity
PORT of Constanta Administration has joined the International Port Community Systems Association (IPSCA) as it looks to increase connectivity and...
- HPH Trust HI profit slides 9pc, box throughput down 8pc to 10.3m TEU
SINGAPORE-LISTED Hutchison Port Holdings Trust (HPH Trust) says the severe slowdown in global trade amid the Covid-19 pandemic has resulted in its...
- Asia-Europe slip 1.2pc to US$896/TEU, USWC off 3.2pc at $2,704 FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday declined 1
- OOIL sails through H1 with volume down 2.6pc and revenue up 3.2pc for OOCL
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has announced...
- GAC to takeover Ahlers Singapore's logistics operations
UNITED Arab Emirates-based Gulf Agency Company (GAC) is set to acquire Ahlers' Singapore logistics business following the signing of a Memorandum...
- DAMEN: Ramses project reaches significant milestone!
RAMSSES project reaches significant milestone towards sustainable composite ship construction at Damen location!
- Airfreight rates tick up as passenger-freighters depart from the market
Airfreight rates have increased after the declines of the past weeks, with forwarders reporting further increases on the way