A SURVEY conducted by The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) and Pharma
- TIACA says air cargo industry not ready for Covid-19 vaccine distribution
- CMA CGM Ural breaks another record at Port of Melbourne's VICT
THE ANL operated CMA CGM Ural with a nominal capacity of 10,622 TEU has broken another record at the Port of Melbourne with the highest TEU exchange...
- CMA CGM revises West Africa Express service
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has introduced call changes to its West Africa Express (WAX) service, which operates on the Asia-West Africa trade
- Regulators hold up Vancouver terminal decision on environmental issues
SUPPORTERS of a new Vancouver container terminal have received extra time to address what a government review deemed a 'significant''...
- BIFA urges government to deal with delays at Felixstowe port
HUTCHISON's UK Port of Felixstowe has come under renewed attack for its stance on delays at the facility with the British International Freight...
- Singapore welcomes world's largest LNG powered containership
THE world's largest LNG-powered containership - the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade - made its maiden call in Singapore early this week
- Unions press Ottawa for US$5.3 billion bailout of Canadian airlines
UNIONS representing airline workers are calling for CAD7 billion (US$5
- Halifax clears container pile-up from Covid and Montreal dock strike
CANADA's Port of Halifax has been working to clear a backlog of containers that have been accumulating at its terminals because of a rebound in...
- Fraport adds more temperature-controlled transporters
FRAPORT has added two additional refrigerated trailers for the transportation of temperature-sensitive pharmaceutical products at Frankfurt Airport,...
- Seafarers stranded by virus cause big increase in labour costs
SHIPOWNERS are facing rising labour costs as Covid restrictions continue to limit the movement of seafarers, reports Bloomberg News
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- ZIM launches service with an 11-day transit time from China to Oz
Israeli shipping line Zim Integrated Shipping Services (ZIM) has announced a new service that offers an 11-day transit time from South China to...
- Transpacific carriers add extra loaders as US west coast imports soar
TRANSPACIFIC ocean carriers have deployed extra loaders in response to peak season demand and record container spot rates, reports London's...
- Westport 2's transshipments based on sound capacity expansion
MALAYSIA's Westport 2 expansion plan is expected to increase the por's capacity by 50 per cent to 28 million TEU per annum by 2040, say...
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg
- Maldives-India cargo ferry calls at Kulhudhuffushi on maiden voyage
THE Maldives-India cargo ferry, the 7,665-dwt MCP Linz has arrived in Kulhudhuffushi City on its maiden voyage, reports the Male Edition
- Zim ploughs ahead with Asia-Australia service despite Sydney port's woes
ISRAELI carrier Zim is going ahead with its plan to enter the Asia-Australia trade despite the high levels of container congestion being witnessed at...
- Port of Savannah records best-ever August for container throughput
THE Port of Savannah handled 441,600 TEU in August, marking not only the best August on record, but the best overall month on record in the history...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- US Air Force's freighters could be deployed to fly truck loads of vaccine
US military aircraft will play a major role in emergency distribution of a Covid-19 vaccine because there aren't enough private-sector cargo jets...