TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp (Yang Ming) has named the fifth of its ten 2,800-TEU container vessels 'YM Capacity' at a...
- Yang Ming's new green 'YM Capacity' to be deployed on expand JTS service
- CEVA Logistics clinches 3-yr contract with Brazil's largest toy retailer
SWITZERLAND-HEADQUARTERED CEVA Logistics has won a three-year contract to provide warehousing, logistics and e-commerce services to Brazil's...
- Singapore welcomes world's largest LNG powered containership
THE world's largest LNG-powered containership - the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade - made its maiden call in Singapore early this week
- South Carolina Ports September volumes show signs of new strength
THE South Carolina Ports Authority's September volumes reflect the strongest year-on-year activity since the Covid crisis hit, showing a...
- Aqaba's August box volume soars 20pc to 89,225 TEU
JORDAN's Aqaba Container Terminal (ACT) achieved a throughput of 89,225 TEU in August, a 20 per cent increase from 2019, reports Dubai's...
- Iran's shipping revenue surpasses US$770 million a year
THE Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) earned US$778 million throughout the year until June 20, reports Iranian newsite Eghtesad Online
- Suez container traffic falls 15pc on Covid despite discounts
COVID-19 has resulted in a 15 per cent plunge in container traffic through the Suez Canal, reports Rome's ANSA (Agenzia Nazionale Stampa...
- ACI Maritime Crew Management Conference in London October 21
ACI's 27th Maritime HR & Crew Management Conference will be held in London on October 21 and 22
- China adds three areas to its expanding list of free trade zones
CHINA has decided to set up three new free trade zones (FTZs) as part of efforts to attract foreign investment and boost trade, reports Caixin
- Shipowners 'see dollar signs' as charter market soars
THE latest Alphaliner idle tonnage report shows that a further 65 vessels, for a total of 155,350 TEU, have found employment in the past two weeks,...
- Port of Colombo's SAGT celebrates 21 years of maritime excellence
SOUTH Asia Gateway Terminals (Pvt) Ltd (SAGT), Sri Lanka's first private public partnership (PPP) and a flagship venture of the Board of...
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Sealand Asia and CNC Line come up with revamped Philippines services
IN a move to cater to rising demand from Southeast Asian countries, the intra-Asia units of Maersk Line and CMA CGM have fine-tuned their services to...
- Israel proceeds with plan to privatise its state-owned ports
ISRAEL's Government Companies Authority (GCA) is proceeding with the first step of the privatisation and sale of 100 per cent of the shares of...
- Montreal dock strike hit for Prince Rupert, Vancouver delays
BENEFICIAL cargo owners (BCO) shipping through Vancouver and Prince Rupert are to expect delays and congestion into mid-September, reports IHS Media
- North American weekly rail traffic down 12pc, intermodal off 11pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 22 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 320,649 carloads, down 12
- Cosco Shipping Ports bullish on recovery with HI net profit up 11pc to US$163m
CHINA state-owned Cosco Shipping Ports (CSP) has posted a net profit of US$163
- Greeks Save 96 Migrants From Sinking Yacht!
Greece is reporting what it is calling “the largest and most successful search and rescue operation on record in the Aegean Sea,” carried out...
- SpiceJet uses A340 'preighter' on long-haul cargo flight
INDIAN low-cost carrier SpiceJet has expanded its intercontinental cargo operations with the launch of its first long-haul 'freighter' flight
- SIA lends helping hand to WFP's troubled Covid air cargo network
SINGAPORE Airlines (SIA) Cargo has pledged to carry out freighter flights in support of the World Food Programme's (WFP) Covid-19 air cargo...