Reklam
Reklam
Reklam
Reklam
Reklam
Reklam

E-commerce logistics market grows 27.3 per cent in 2020

GLOBAL e-commerce logistics market grew 27

14 April 2021 - 19:05
GLOBAL e-commerce logistics market grew 27.3 per cent in 2020 with an expected growth of 8.6 per cent from 2020 to 2025, hitting US$662.87 billion, reports the American Journal of Transportation.

Online sales in the UK grew 46 per cent in 2020, with many citing the growth because of frontloading e-commerce adoption from the pandemic.



For example, Amazon has increased sales from 17.8 per cent in 2011 to 31.0 per cent in 2020. This increase in costs was partly driven by investment in networks.



Pureplay online retailers' expense on last-mile services represents 53 per cent of logistics costs, with fulfillment accounting for the other 47 per cent in 2020.



'E-commerce has been one of the key growth sectors for logistics over the course of the pandemic with the rise in demand creating opportunities for LSPs and last-mile providers to grow rapidly, as long as they can help retailers react to the changes in consumer demands and manage wildly changing trading conditions,' said the UK's Transport Intelligence commercial development Michael Clover.


SeaNews Turkey
This news 284 hits received.

COMMENTS

  • 0 Comment