DANISH shipping giant Maersk has launched airfreight forwarding operations with the addition of charter flights between Thailand to Japan
- Maersk starts airfreight forwarding operations with charter flights
- Shipping urged to work with EU to develop new green framework
A KEY message emanating from the recent virtual high-level meeting at the Global Maritime Forum is that rather than fighting regional environmental...
- Hapag-Lloyd's CE warns of longer-term Covid-19 impact on global economy
GERMAN container shipping firm Hapag-Lloyd is benefitting from a rebound in transport demand but its chief executive, Rolf Habben Jansen, warned...
- China's exports up 10pc as trade growth accelerates in September
CHINA's exports increased year on year by 9
- CMA CGM's online systems control back in service after cyberattack
FRANCE's CMA CGM Group has confirmed it has restored all the applications and main functionalities of its e-commerce websites, such as bookings,...
- International air freight volumes continue to fall, says IATA
AIR FREIGHT volumes fell nearly 13 per cent worldwide in August compared to last year reports the International Air Transport Association (IATA),...
- National Airlines calls up three freighters in response to capacity crunch
AMERICA's go-anywhere-anytime carriers National Airlines and National Air Cargo are bringing the first relief materials to cyclone-hit Mozambique
- Suez container traffic falls 15pc on Covid despite discounts
COVID-19 has resulted in a 15 per cent plunge in container traffic through the Suez Canal, reports Rome's ANSA (Agenzia Nazionale Stampa...
- Westport 2's transshipments based on sound capacity expansion
MALAYSIA's Westport 2 expansion plan is expected to increase the por's capacity by 50 per cent to 28 million TEU per annum by 2040, say...
- Carbon Border Tax emerges in EU in the guise of protectionism
THE European Commission will tax greenhouse-gas produced by factories outside Europe that ship their products into Europe, reports Bloomberg
- Russia's dominance of the world wheat exports keeps growing
RUSSIA has gone from being reliant on wheat imports to accounting for a fifth of global sales, as its soils generate bigger harvests at lower prices,...
- T S Lines H1 profits soar 50pc on rising rates, increased volumes and falling costs
TAIWANESE vessel operator T S Lines announced that net profits for the first half of 2020 surged 50 per cent year on year to TWD1
- Euroseas sells 30-year old box ship for scrap, inks deals for 2 charter extensions
GREEK containership owner Euroseas has sold its 1990-built 1,169 TEU feedermax boxship Ninos for scrap for a price of around US$2
- DHL Express announces 2021 rate hike of 5pc for Hong Kong and Macau
MAJOR international express service provider DHL Express has announced an average price increase of 4
- FIS Air Freight Report indicates continually rising prices per kilogramme
EXPORT prices kicked back into action on the last week of August, despite many seeing a lull in actual moved volumes until mid September, according...
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- Broker opts for CO2 tax as less costly than LNG conversion
GIVEN officialdom's decarbonisation drive one of two options have emerged to meet UN regulations - one is to mandate costly carbon-free fuels or...