On Friday, Greek shipowner Danaos Shipping joined the growing ranks of container ship companies that have announced that they are already compliant...
- Multiple Boxship Firms are Achieving IMO 2030 Target a Decade Early
- CMA CGM to launch Round The Africa Service 'RTA' from July 25
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has introduced a new Round the Africa (RTA) service to complement its existing 31 services to Sub Saharan Africa, the...
- LNG drives Northern Sea Route H1 transits up 1.1pc to 14.5 million tonnes
SHIPMENTS on the Northern Sea Route increased 1
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Thousands of stranded seafarers seek to go home!
Crews of merchant ships and cruise vessels are stranded aboard ship, with no way to either travel home or even go ashore at the closest port due to...
- Hong Kong's Neptune Cyber launches safety tool in line with UN rule
HONG KONG's Neptune Cyber, a computer security firm, has launched an online tool to ensure that marine operators stay ahead of new cyber risk...
- IMF sees rebound in 2021, but with less bounce than it did before
THE International Monetary Fund (IMF), an inter-governmental international lender of last resort, recently downwardly revised its 3
- Port of Wilmington sets record for reefer and docks its biggest ship
NORTH Carolina's Port of Wilmington has been pushing forward with several long-term initiatives while other US ports have been struggling with...
- Ports need US$13 billion upgrade as shippers reshore from China
CONTAINER terminals in Southeast Asia may need to invest up to US$13 billion to keep pace with expected supply chain diversification from China,...
- How to get more women seafarers on board!
Around 80% of international trade is seaborne, making seafaring key to worldwide security, development and economic prosperity.
- STM demonstrates the future for e-navigation
With more ships using electronic navigation and digital services, data exchange is becoming critical for sea traffic management and safety
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- CMA CGM re-names NOL in sweeping changes to Far East operations
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has re-organised itself and its subsidiaries into a tight-knit unit delivering a one-for-all-and-all-for-one service on...
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Ending the hurry-up-and-wait phenomenon in a quest to decarbonise
ENDING the hurry-up-and-wait phenomenon that bedevils world shipping is the quest of the Global Industry Alliance (GIA), dedicated to decarbonising...
- South Carolina to open first new US box terminal in 11 years
THE South Carolina Ports Authority (SCPA), in adopting its annual budget, announced the opening of the first new US container terminal in 11 years,...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- Damen Shipyards Group has delivered five Damen Ferries!
Damen Shipyards Group has delivered five Damen Ferries 2306 E3 to Arriva Denmark in Copenhagen.