BUSINESSES operating around Apapa in Lagos will soon heave a sigh of relief, as indigenous firm, International Bulk Cargo Logistics (IBCL), has...
- New container terminal at Itori, Lagos to ease congestion at Apapa port
- ICTSI Ecuador invests US$18m to develop Guayaquil Port
INTERNATIONAL Container Terminal Services, Inc's (ICTSI's) subsidiary in Ecuador, Contecon Guayaquil SA (CGSA), has signed an investment...
- Maersk Honam fire causes inconclusive, report exposes regulatory limitations
THE final report into the tragic fire on board the Maersk Honam in March 2018 that killed five crew has concluded that safety systems onboard the...
- Hong Kong's unemployment rate hits 16-year high at 6.4 pc
UNEMPLOYMENT in Hong Kong has surged to a nearly 16-year high of 6
- TIACA says air cargo industry not ready for Covid-19 vaccine distribution
A SURVEY conducted by The International Air Cargo Association (TIACA) and Pharma
- Russia's new icebreaker reaches North Pole for ice trials
RUSSIA's future flagship icebreaker, the 33,500-tons displacement Arktika, reached the North Pole during its first sea ice tests, reports...
- CMA CGM Ural breaks another record at Port of Melbourne's VICT
THE ANL operated CMA CGM Ural with a nominal capacity of 10,622 TEU has broken another record at the Port of Melbourne with the highest TEU exchange...
- WFS sets up Project Coldstream to handle 16b doses of Covid-19 vaccine
PARIS, France-headquartered cargo handler Worldwide Flight Services (WFS) has launched Project Coldstream to co-ordinate its response to the...
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Nearly 10 tonnes of protected wood in container seized by HK Customs
HONG Kong's Customs and Excise Department seized nearly 10 tonnes of rare, protected wood with an estimated value of HKD6 million (US$774,000)...
- Works start on developing Saudi Arabia's KAPD mega container port
EFFORTS are proceeding to develop Saudi Arabia's King Abdulaziz Port Dammam (KAPD) into a mega container terminal and regional hub for shipping
- Vietnam plans second container port near Ho Chi Minh City
THE Vietnamese government is planning to build another container port on the outskirts of Ho Chi Minh City, with several sites under consideration,...
- Alliance makes raft of November changes, and cancellations
THE Alliance, made up of ocean carriers Hapag-Lloyd, Yang Ming, Ocean Express Network (ONE) and HMM, have announced changes to a large number of...
- Seychelles Ports Authority takes delivery of new tug from Sanmar!
Seychelles Ports Authority (SPA) recently completed technical acceptance of a new azimuth stern drive (ASD) tug from Sanmar Shipyards in Turkey.
- Geodis has new managing director in Vietnam
GLOBAL logistics service provider Geodis has announced the appointment of Simon Vandekerckove as country managing director in Vietnam
- Containership sailing to scarpyard runs aground in Vietnam
THE 2002-built 1,118 TEU feedermax containership CMA CGM Jakarta ran aground on the east coast of Vietnam after encountering heavy weather and sea...
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Maersk revises upwards full-year financial forecast
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk A/S has raised its full-year guidance amid a surprise recovery in demand and sweeping efforts to cut costs
- BIFA urges government to deal with delays at Felixstowe port
HUTCHISON's UK Port of Felixstowe has come under renewed attack for its stance on delays at the facility with the British International Freight...
- Unions press Ottawa for US$5.3 billion bailout of Canadian airlines
UNIONS representing airline workers are calling for CAD7 billion (US$5