CHINA's decision to impose tariffs on Australian barley imports has highlighted how reliant some sectors are on Chinese demand, reports...
- Oz suffers barley tariff for dissing China, and now risks wool boycott
- US trucking suffers most in the US transport virus downturn
US TRUCKING shipments were down 23 per cent year on year in April, according to Cass, with a 16 per cent drop month over month, according to the...
- CEVA Logistics launches its truck-rail-truck service to keep Asian cargo
CEVA Logistics, now a unit of French shipping giant CMA CGM, has designed a truck-rail-truck (TRT) service to keep customers?freight moving across...
- Rebound in shipping industry in 2020 unlikely: analyst
DESPITE the low oil price environment, expectations for a shipping industry rebound in 2020 are practically non-existent with the global economy...
- Long Beach port suffers 9.8pc drop in February to 538,428 TEU
THE Port of Long Beach in February saw cargo volumes dive in February as fewer ships called amid the outbreak of the coronavirus and the lingering...
- Euroseas suffers net loss in first three quarters on fleet expansion
GREEK containership owner Euroseas declared a third quarter net loss of US$200,000 as well as net revenues of $26
- India breaks from Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership
INDIAN Prime Minister Narendra Modi has pulled India out of the 16-member trade deal known as the Regional Comprehensive Economic Partnership (RCEP)...
- CargoLogicAir suffers net loss of US$23.08m despite doubling of revenues
UK-BASED all-cargo airline CargoLogicAir that operates B747 freighters has posted a net loss of GBP18 million (US$23
- Signs of manufacturing migration following US tariffs on China
THERE is growing evidence that some US companies are heeding to US President Trump's demand for them to 'immediately start looking for an...
- Europe's container shipping trade suffers new downturn in demand
EUROPE's manufacturing activity has fallen to its lowest level in seven years, suggesting that tough times lie ahead for the container shipping...
- Panalpina suffers slight decline in first half profit and revenue
SWISS global forwarder Panalpina recorded stable has a first half year-on-year 5
- Cathay Pacific suffers 9pc drop in cargo in June to 163,977 tonnes
CATHAY Pacific together with sister airline Cathay Dragon combined carried 163,977 tonnes of cargo and mail in June, representing a year-on-year...
- LATAM suffers quarterly 10.9pc revenue loss as cargo yields fall 12.6pc.
MAJOR South American carrier LATAM posted a 10
- South Korea suffers while US-China trade war continues
THE trade war between the United States and China has led to South Korea undergoing a significant decline in economic growth due to international...
- FedEx Express launches industry-leading cold chain shipping solution
FEDEX Express has launched an industry-leading temperature-controlled cold chain shipping solution in Asia Pacific called Medpak VI?C
- Bombardier suffers losses after cutting forecast on new rail-unit woes
CANADA's Bombardier Inc has lost as much as a quarter of its value and bonds plunged after the company cut its 2019 sales forecast amid new...
- Cargotec suffers 8pc profit decline to US$33.7 million as sales rise 2pc
HELSINKI cargo handling giant Cargotec suffered an eight per cent year-on-year decline in first quarter profit to EUR31 million (US$33
- Cathay-Dragon suffers 2.5pc air cargo drop in March to 185,156 tonnes
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried 185,156 tonnes of cargo and mail last month, a drop of 2
- Yang Ming suffers US$213.7 million loss, though volume up 11pc
- Hapag sends ship to Venice after 2,700-TEUer suffers engine failure
PROMPTED by an engine failure while docking in Venice, German shipping giant Hapag-Lloyd is replacing the stricken 2,700-TEU Stadt Dresden with a new...