NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
- JNPT container volume slips to 380,384 TEU in September
INDIA's leading port Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) said it handled 380,384TEU in September, which is 95 per cent of the cargo handled in the...
- China's America, Europe trade value slips 4.1 to 2.4pc in 2020
CHINA's export trade value with North America in the first eight months of the year fell 4
- ZIM moves up, PIL out of the top 10 liner list with shrinking fleet
SINGAPORE's embattled Pacific International Lines (PIL) has slipped out of the top 10 global liner rankings with further sales of its dwindling...
- Cargo throughput slips 18pc at S Korean seaports on coronavirus
CARGO handled at South Korean seaports totalled 117
- LNG is the only way to decarbonisation, say LNG promoters
LNG (liquid natural gas) is touted as the only viable way to the decarbonisation of world shipping, says SEA-LNG chairman Peter Keller, announcing...
- China's attempts to spur consumption show signs of working
A GAUGE of Chinese business activity outside the factory floor rose to its highest level in two and a half years in August, a sign that Beijing's...
- Loss of US bilateral shipping tax accord no big deal say HK port interests
HONG KONG remains an attractive place for the shipping industry to prosper, according to the city's Transport and Housing Bureau, despite the US...
- Agility's H1 net profits plunge 61pc despite increase in airfreight revenue
KUWATI-BASED Agility saw its profits dive in the first half, although its airfreight business performed well
- July's US import rally not a signal of a rapid recovery in box traffic
THE sharp upswing in demand on transpacific headhaul routes while the US is still in the grip of the pandemic has confounded analysts who had...
- Canada's Prince Rupert gets the green light to expand terminal
DUBAI's DP World has received final regulatory approvoal to expand its Fairview container terminal at the Port of Prince Rupert in British...
- Inbound containers at US west coast ports down 8pc in June: PMSA
PACIFIC Merchant Shipping Association (PMSA), which represents shipping lines and marine terminals, says that the big five US west coast ports saw an...
- Global shipyards face crisis with receding box ship orders
WITH global demand expected to contract by some 10 per cent this year, due to the impact of the pandemic, blanked sailings are likely to be...
- Asia-Europe slip 1.2pc to US$896/TEU, USWC off 3.2pc at $2,704 FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday declined 1
- Box volumes at India's major ports plunge 30pc in April-June: IPA
STATISTICS released by the Indian Ports' Association (IPA) show that container cargo handling at India's 12 major ports dropped 32
- LA-Long Beach post double digit declines in first half due to Covid-19
CONTAINER volume through the Port of Los Angeles was down 9
- Singapore holds top spot as world shipping centre for 7th straight year
THE Baltic Exchange, in collaboration with China's official news agency Xinhua, has published the 2020 Xinhua-Baltic International Shipping...
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9