SOUTH Korea's Hyundai Samho Heavy Industries has delivered the world's first very large containership powered by liquefied natural gas (LNG)...
- Hyundai delivers world's first LNG-powered box ship, the CMA CGM Tenere
- Halifax PSA docks biggest containership to call at Canadian port
THE Port of Halifax claims to have docked the biggest containership ever to call at a Canadian port, the 15,072-TEU CMA CGM Brazil, reports the...
- Ship banned for AUD $118,000 in unpaid crew wages
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has today banned the Panama-flagged bulk carrier AC Sesoda for deliberately underpaying its crew by...
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- E-commerce growth leads to rise in shipping and investments: CMA CGM chief
THE head of French shipping giant CMA CGM says the future of the world's fourth-largest container line will increasingly be built on e-commerce
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- 127 stranded Filipino seafarers await repatriation!
- Thousand of seafarers stuck on ships with no internet
THOUSANDS of seafarers visiting New Zealand are stranded on their ships due to the 28-day quarantine restrictions in the Covid-19, reports the New...
- South Korea's HMM and SHI to develop smart ship technology
KOREA's HMM and Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to develop smart ship technology, reports...
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22
- PIL unloads another three box ships to stay afloat
SINGAPORE-BASED under pressure Pacific International Lines (PIL) continues to divest itself of tonnage to help pay bills
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Mounting pressure on China exporters with soaring US shipping costs
SHIPPING freight rates from Shanghai to the west coast of the US have more than doubled to US$3,639 per FEU between May to August, making it the...
- Hong Kong's Seaspan takes delivery of two 9-year-old 13,000-TEUers
HONG Kong's Seaspan Corporation, a unit of Hong Kong's New York listed Atlas Corp, has announced it has taken delivery of two 13,000-TEU...
- 24,000-TEU HMM Gdansk calls at Jebel Ali before heading east
DUBAI's Jebel Ali Port has docked the 24,000-TEU HMM Gdansk, one of the world's largest container vessels, reports Bahrain's TradeArabia...
- Work starts on world's first large box ship LNG conversion
CHINA's Shanghai Huarun Dadong Dockyard has started the US$30 million retrofit of Hapag-Lloyd's 15,000-TEU Sajir to use LNG as fuel in what...
- Mitsubishi SOx installs scrubbers on 22 box ships and tankers
JAPAN's Mitsubishi Shipbuilding says its DIA-SOx marine scrubbers have been installed on 22 ships during the last eight months, reports New...
- Maersk's APM Terminals plans to invest in Pipavav port
MAERSK's APM Terminals Pipavav has approved a major IRS7 billion (US$94
- Pacific International Lines founder Chang Yun Chun at 102
Chang Yun Chung, the 102-year-old founder of Pacific International Lines (PIL), passed away peacefully at home in Singapore on Friday morning
- China-Indonesia-Philippines loop makes first DaChan Bay call
THE arrival the 1,740-TEU Singapore-flagged Ludwig Schulte of the Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) at western Shenzhen's DaChan Bay...