OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Peter Penseel slated to run CEVA Logistics air freight by July
PETER Penseel, on gardening leave from Qatar Airways Cargo, where he was vice president for sales, is expected to replace Peter Baumgartner, senior...
- USDA confirms big US soybean sales to China as buying flurry continues
US exporters reported sales of 720,000 tonnes of soybeans to China, the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) said as active purchases by the...
- US posts rule allowing US companies to work with Huawei on 5G
THE US Department of Commerce has posted a new rule that allows US companies to work with China's Huawei to develop standards for 5G and other...
- HK Trade Development Council expects 10pc export fall
THE Hong Kong Trade Development Council predicts Hong Kong's export performance for 2020 will decline by 10 per cent due to the economic damage...
- Covid-19 cuts Spanish bunker sales 26pc, box ships suffer less
BUNKER sales fell by more than a quarter in Spanish ports in April as Covid-19 lockdowns weighed heavily on demand, reports London's Argus Media,...
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- Flying pigs to China: Times never better for Volga-Dnepr air cargo sales
COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on commercial aviation, but Alexey Isaykin's cargo carrier is fully loaded - with live swine
- China's Canton Fair goes completely online because of Covid-19
THE Canton Fair, the world's largest trade exhibition, that starts this week in Guangzhou will go completely online as China's exporters...
- Seattle-Tacoma International Airport prepares for gradual re-opening
SEATTLE-TACOMA International Airport (SEA) is preparing for the gradual reopening of the economy, the airport authority announced
- US Asian imports fall in May after April dip, no pick-up seen till August
US IMPORTS from Asia fell 18
- Nippon Express pays US$51m for MD Logistics to boost pharma
JAPAN-BASED logistics firm Nippon Express has acquired Indiana-based MD Logistics in a deal worth JPY5
- CMA CGM Q1 profit up 13.5pc to US$48m, but sales off 3.3pc to $5.52b
FRENCH container shipping giant CMA CGM increased year-on-year first quarter net profit 13
- Mexpress starts new bonded trucking service between US-Mexican airports
ROAD feeder service (RFS) provider Mexpress, which offers bonded trucking between US and Mexican airports, has launched a new service from Columbus,...
- US Q1 containerised agricultural exports up 13pc
US agricultural exports increased 12
- Air France KLM boosts cargo operations following Covid-19 disruption
AIR France KLM Martinair Cargo (AFKLMP) has increased operations across its network, following severe disruption over the last few months caused by...
- Sanmar and Svitzer deliver power and performance to Port of Sohar
Sanmar Shipyards, the renowned Turkish tug building specialist, has followed up on recent deliveries of the two Sirapinar class ASD tugs to the Port...