A fast-moving typhoon crossed the Philippines and headed west towards Vietnam on October 26, leaving widespread destruction and stranding numerous...
- Hundreds Stranded, Ports Closed as Typhoon Molave Batters Philippines!
- Malaysian workbarge sinks, 121 crew rescued!
An offshore workbarge sunk at the Baram field in Malaysian waters this morning sparking a huge rescue operation.
- How rescuing drowning migrants became a crime!
The Iuventa ran hundreds of missions to save migrants from drowning off the coast of Libya. But after Europe cracked down on migration, its crew...
- Viking ship runs aground off Finland, all passengers evacuated!
A ferry operated by Finnish company Viking Line has run aground in the Åland Islands waters between Finland and Sweden, Finnish authorities said.
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- 3 migrants jump into sea from Maersk tanker stranded off Malta
THREE migrants stranded aboard a Danish tanker for over a month awaiting a port to disembark jumped into the Mediterranean Sea in a sign of...
- Virgin Australia creditors approve Bain Capital's $2.5 billion rescue deal
VIRGIN Australia Holdings creditors have approved Bain Capital's acquisition of the airline, the last hurdle in the private equity firm's bid...
- 39 perish with 6,000 cattle in typhoon in the East China Sea
JAPANESE coastguard rescued two seamen from a cargo ship presumed sunk in a typhoon with more than 40 crew and 6,000 cattle on board, reported BBC...
- Record 400-plus migrants cross Channel in one day
More than 400 migrants have crossed the English Channel in small boats - a record for a single day.
- Virgin Atlantic Cargo expands in Italy as creditors support airline rescue plan
VIRGIN Atlantic Cargo has added Milan as a destination in its network, offering twice-weekly service between London Heathrow and Milan Malpensa...
- Greeks Save 96 Migrants From Sinking Yacht!
Greece is reporting what it is calling “the largest and most successful search and rescue operation on record in the Aegean Sea,” carried out...
- Two Dead, Two Missing in Corpus Christi Dredge Fire
The bodies of two of four workers missing after a dredging vessel caught fire and sank in Corpus Christi, Texas, were recovered on Saturday, the U.S....
- Two ships collided near Shanghai causing major fire, 14 missing (VİDEO)
An oil tanker collided with a sand barge near the estuary of the Yangtze River off Shanghai this morning, with 14 crew reported missing.
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- IOM Deplores Killing of Two Migrants Returned from Sea to Libya!
Two Sudanese migrants were killed and three others injured in a shooting at the Khums disembarkation point last night in Libya.
- Volga-Dnepr transport helicopters to Indonesia to be used in Malaysia
RUSSIA's Volga-Dnepr Airlines has delivered two helicopters from Almaty, Kazakhstan, to Kuala Lumpur for charter broker PT Komala Indonesia to...
- South African Treasury helps source SAA funding
SOUTH Africa's Treasury will help source the funding needed to save the country's national airline, the Department of Public Enterprises said
- Cathay shareholders approve US$5 billion bailout to avoid collapse
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Airways' shareholders approved a plan to raise HK$39 billion (US$5 billion) in a government-backed rescue that...
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor