New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Fitch Ratings: Vietnam outperforms Asian frontier sovereign countries
VIETNAM is positioned to stand out among Asia's frontier and emerging markets this year in terms of its economic resilience and success in...
- CMA CGM hikes rates from Asia to Africa on July 16 and again July 20
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a rate increases of US$150 per TEU from the Asia, excluding Japan but including the east coast of India to...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$907/TEU, USWC up 8.5pc at $2,920/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- MSC introduces Instant Quote function for online cargo bookings
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company (MSC) has upgraded its e-business platform myMSC with the addition of a new online Instant Quote function
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- 2M Asia-Europe 'inducement' loop starts loading as rates hold steady
2M partners Maersk and MSC started loading their inducement Asia-North Europe loop service in China last week, as bookings and freight rates remain...
- Asia-Europe rates up 0.5pc to US$890/TEU, USWC increase 0.9pc at $2,692/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up slightly by 0
- Air cargo rates and capacity fall as PPE demand weakens
AIRFREIGHT rates and capacity have both declined as demand for personal protective equipment (PPE) continues to slow, London's Air Cargo News...
- Container shipping heading for a US$9b annual profit: Sea-Intelligence
DESPITE the significant loss of box volume due to the pandemic, spot rates have soared above year-over-year levels through the second quarter,...
- Oil tankers carrying two months of Venezuelan output stuck at sea
Tankers carrying nearly two months’ worth of Venezuelan oil output are stuck at sea as global refiners shun the nation’s crude to avoid...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- Cautious optimism as air cargo volumes improve in May
FOLLOWING the extreme Covid-19 impact on air cargo volumes in the month of April, the air cargo market has shown some signs of improvement in May...
- MPC Containers Ships seeks US$15m in recapitalisation plan
OSLO-LISTED German container line MPC Containers Ships is seeking approval from its bondholders and lenders for a recapitalisation plan designed to...
- Cathay to cut to freight-only passenger flights as air cargo rates retreat
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific is reported to be preparing to cancel 'many' of its freight-only flights as air cargo rates begin to drop...
- Boeing posts 767F orders in May, but cancellations continue
BOEING has received new orders for six 767 freighters in May, though the company's aircraft backlog declined by 90 jets due to order...