MUMBAI International Airport (MIAL) handled 72,000 tonnes of general cargo between April and August, a staggering 278 per cent increase over the same...
- Air cargo recovery in India driven by perishables, pharma and e-commerce
- A-E rates off 0.27pc to $1,076/TEU, USWC off 0.28pc at $3,845/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday fell 0
- T S Lines H1 profits soar 50pc on rising rates, increased volumes and falling costs
TAIWANESE vessel operator T S Lines announced that net profits for the first half of 2020 surged 50 per cent year on year to TWD1
- CMA CGM imposes US$150/TEU congestion charge on Felixstowe
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to levy a US$150 per TEU port congestion surcharge from October 1 on all Asian containers imported or exported...
- Euroseas sells 30-year old box ship for scrap, inks deals for 2 charter extensions
GREEK containership owner Euroseas has sold its 1990-built 1,169 TEU feedermax boxship Ninos for scrap for a price of around US$2
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- DHL Express announces 2021 rate hike of 5pc for Hong Kong and Macau
MAJOR international express service provider DHL Express has announced an average price increase of 4
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7
- Asia-Europe rates up US$27 to $1,082/TEU, USWC increase $53 at $3,867/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up US$27 to $1,082 per TEU, 69 per cent higher...
- Ship banned for AUD $118,000 in unpaid crew wages
The Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) has today banned the Panama-flagged bulk carrier AC Sesoda for deliberately underpaying its crew by...
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- FIS Air Freight Report indicates continually rising prices per kilogramme
EXPORT prices kicked back into action on the last week of August, despite many seeing a lull in actual moved volumes until mid September, according...
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- Carriers suspend trans-Pacific rate hikes after Chinese ministry comments
COSCO Shipping and Hong Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) have suspended planned September 15 general rate increases (GRIs) on the...
- Dachser expands charters from Hong Kong to Frankfurt
GERMAN forwarding giant Dachser Air & Sea Logistics is expanding its premium charter programme to include the Hong Kong-Frankfurt route which started...
- Air cargo braces for Covid-19 vaccine capacity constraints: survey
AN Air Cargo News survey has shown that the air cargo industry is expecting to face capacity shortages when a Covid-19 vaccine is developed and needs...
- Carriers continue to blank more sailings to control capacity
OCEAN carriers have announced a new series of blanked sailing in October in their continuous 'cautious' approach to capacity management
- Mounting pressure on China exporters with soaring US shipping costs
SHIPPING freight rates from Shanghai to the west coast of the US have more than doubled to US$3,639 per FEU between May to August, making it the...
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...