BELARUS rail freight traffic to China rose 23
- Belarusian Railways increases freight to China 23pc in January-August
- North American weekly rail traffic down 6.9pc, intermodal up 3.7pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending September 19 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 327,915 carloads, down 6
- Houston August box decline shrinks to single digit 4pc to 248,630 TEU
THE Port of Houston's container throughput has stabilised for the first time since the beginning of the Covid crisis, with a four per cent drop...
- Port of Savannah records best-ever August for container throughput
THE Port of Savannah handled 441,600 TEU in August, marking not only the best August on record, but the best overall month on record in the history...
- CMA CGM imposes US$150/TEU congestion charge on Felixstowe
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to levy a US$150 per TEU port congestion surcharge from October 1 on all Asian containers imported or exported...
- Freight forwarders up in arms over Port of Felixstowe's congestion
THE Port of Felixstowe is facing severe congestion at the facility due to an increase in container volumes in the rush to beat China's Golden...
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- CP and Maersk to build world-class logistics facility in Vancouver
CANADIAN Pacific Railway Limited (CP) and Danish shipping giant Maersk have reached an agreement to build and operate a world-class transload and...
- Mumbai rival Mundra surpassing JNPT container throughput
INDIA's Adani Ports at Mundra, 475 nautical miles north of Mumbai, increased its July volume six per cent to three million tonnes year on year...
- Construction starts on China's first sea-rail automated terminal
CONSTRUCTION of China's first sea-rail automated terminal has started Qinzhou port, Guangxi province, 240 kilometres east of the Port of Haiphong...
- India's major box port volumes increased 17.4pc in July
INDIA's container volumes through the country's ports continued to rise in July, albeit slightly, reports New Delhi's Financial Express
- Congestion free Louisiana port looks to docking 23,000-TEUers
LOUISIANA's Port of Plaquemines plans a 1,000-acre site capable of handling up to three 23,000-TEU ships, with an annual capacity of two million...
- Montreal dock strike hit for Prince Rupert, Vancouver delays
BENEFICIAL cargo owners (BCO) shipping through Vancouver and Prince Rupert are to expect delays and congestion into mid-September, reports IHS Media
- Importers analysing peak season shipments in LA to Long Beach
THE ports of Los Angeles and Long Beach handled 53
- New Ivory Coast box terminal to be built in Abidjan
CHINA Harbour Engineering Company (CHEC) has signed a contract for the construction of Abidjan's second container terminal, known as Cote...
- North American weekly rail traffic down 12pc, intermodal off 11pc
NORTH American rail volume for the week ending August 22 on 12 reporting US, Canadian and Mexican railways totalled 320,649 carloads, down 12
- Savannah harbour is now number one port for American exports
THE Port of Savannah exported more loaded containers than any other port in the country from January through May, achieving a 12
- U-Freight adds second consolidation hub for China-Europe rail service
HONG Kong's U-Freight Group has added a second consolidation centre in Zhengzhou to meet the rising demand for less than container load service,...
- Shippers switch from air to rail to move goods from China to Euorpe
UK-HEADQUARTERED freight forwarder Davies Turner has seen an increase in the number of customers using rail as an alternative to air on China-Europe...
- Bremen to host one-day Masterclass for project forwarders and shippers
BREMEN in east Germany is to host the one-day Masterclass on September 29 for individuals working in the oversized and heavy loads transportation...