US ocean regulator the Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has fired a warning shot across the bows of container shipping lines, saying it will head to...
- FMC warns of court action if there are signs of 'collusion' on transpacific trade
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- This new technology can save whales from ship collisions
A newly developed tool uses AI, a mobile app and big data to help mariners avoid whale strikes.
- Warning on Xmas shipments, airfreight capacity crunch push e-commerce to sea
FLORIDA-BASED parcel delivery network for Latin America SkyPostal has sounded an alarm for disappointments at Christmas
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- Cathay burning cash at a monthly rate of US$259m, more restructuring on the way
HONG Kong's flagship carrier Cathay Pacific has warned of further restructuring with the airline burning cash at a staggering rate of up to HKD2...
- Global Port Tracker's mood changes from negative to positive
US IMPORTS surged to unexpected levels and may have hit a new record as the US economy continues to reopen and retailers stock up for the holiday...
- Air cargo rates out of China are high and climbing, say analysts
ASIA air freight rates are high and climbing higher as the Covid lockdowns reduce capacity rising demand causes rates to skyrocket, reports New...
- Decoupling America would cut China's annual growth to 3.5pc
WORSENING conflict between China and the US has damaged trade, but a complete decoupling between the two would be more damaging to China's...
- Russian quality too low to sell in China's grain buying spree
CHINA's wheat imports are expected to achieve a seven-year high this season, as the country tries to secure food supplies as part of its domestic...
- Port Tracker: US sees weakest peak season in 4 years
US imports at major US ports during 2020 are expected to see their lowest total in four years as the impact of the Covid crisis hits the economy,...
- Q3 demand for box shipping forecasts to decline slightly by 0.1pc: analyst
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says the demand in the third quarter for container shipping is expected to contract by 0
- Maersk triples Q2 profit despite volume decline
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk reported a net profit of US$443 million for the second quarter, which compares with a profit $154 million for...
- Covid to stifle container port investment, to reduce expansion 40pc
GLOBAL port capacity expansion is expected to contract 40 per cent over five years in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis, according London's Drewry...
- Drewry's Healey sees Covid-19 downturn stretching to 5 years
OCEAN carriers face the prospect of cutting capacity by scrapping if the Covid crisis downturn persists, says London consultancy Drewry
- US retail imports expected to be lowest in 4 years: Global Port Tracker
IMPORTS at major US ports during 2020 are expected to be their lowest in four years as the impact of the Covid-19 scare hits the economy, according...
- Covid hits airlines as Japan Airlines nets biggest loss since 2012
JAPAN Airlines announced its biggest quarterly loss since 2012 and decided to stop paying an interim dividend due to the Covid pandemic, reports...
- Containership scrapping increases as July hits three-year high
CONTAINERSHIP scrapping reached a three-year high in July according to Hellenic Shipping News
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- Le Havre, Marseilles recovering ground after strikes and Covid
France's two biggest ports - Marseilles and Le Havre are faring worse than regional rivals, risking future volumes that amount to EUR1