AIR cargo rates declines out of Shanghai have shown signs of stabilising over the last week, reports London's Air Cargo News
- Shanghai air cargo rate fall shows signs of slowing on TAC Index
- Macao's air cargo declines 19pc in May to 2,525 tonnes, says DSEC
AIR cargo totalled 2,525 tonnes in May in Macao, a drop of 19pc The gross weight of inward cargo and transit cargo slumped 71
- Another peak season runs aground as ocean carriers extract capacity
OCEAN carriers are bracing for muted demand during the usual peak shipping season heading into the fall, with supply chains still rattled by the...
- Asia-Europe up 1.9pc to US$907/TEU, USWC up 8.5pc at $2,920/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending last Friday edged up 1
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- TS Lines in search of new ships as Q1 profits soar 170pc to US$21.5m
CHAIRMAN of TS Lines, Chen Te Shen says controlling costs and services additions on routes with growing demand have led to the Taiwan carrier's...
- Salvors save 2.3M tonnes of pollution!
Emergency towage tugs and salvage companies saved 214 vessels from danger in 2019 and prevented environmental pollution worldwide.
- Fourteen Ukrainian sailors back home after three-year Libyan captivity!
The president thanked the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Security Service of Ukraine, and all those who helped citizens be released and brought...
- Covid-19 cuts Spanish bunker sales 26pc, box ships suffer less
BUNKER sales fell by more than a quarter in Spanish ports in April as Covid-19 lockdowns weighed heavily on demand, reports London's Argus Media,...
- Cargo volumes up 15.9pc at Panama ports January - May
CARGO volumes in Panamanian ports grew 15
- Asia-Europe 1.3pc to US$886/TEU, USWC off 3.1pc to $2,669/FEU
SPOT rates for shipping containers from Asia to northern Europe in the week ending Friday increased 1
- April reduction in air freight largest since 2009 recession
THE Freight Transportation Services Index (TSI), based on the amount of freight carried by the for-hire transportation, fell 7
- Shanghai tops all, Singapore No 2, HK now No 7 box port
THE Port of Shanghai maintained its top ranking at the busiest container port in the world, reporting a 4
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Ontario International Airport freight volume soars 24pc in May
SOUTHERN California's Ontario International Airport (ONT) continued to see strong growth in commercial air freight in May as tonnage handled rose...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- Cathay finds cargo only bright spot in otherwise grim month of May
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon declared that its cargo business continued to be the highlight in May as more cargo-only passenger...
- April box demand fell 8.1pc to 2.4m TEU: Container Trade Statistics
GLOBAL container demand fell 2
- Covid-19 lockdown cuts Mumbai's JNPT labour supply 70pc
MOST dockers, factory hands and truckers servicing Mumbai's Jawaharlal Nehru Port Trust (JNPT) have left for their hometowns impacting the...
- IMO 2020 added $100 million to CMA CGM's first quarter bunker bill
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM bunker fuel bill rose 11 per cent in the first quarter, as fuel became more expensive immediately after the global...