UNITED Airlines has reported a US$1
- United Airlines posts US$1.8b Q3 loss as revenue plunges 78pc
- Airfreight constraints leads to DSV expanding Asia-Europe road operation
FREIGHT forwarder DSV has expanded its road transport operation between China and Europe as airfreight capacity constraints continue
- Cathay Pacific axes 8,500 jobs and shuts down Cathay Dragon
HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific has confirmed that it will cut 8,500 jobs across the entire group, including 5,300 local staff and 600...
- China's Q3 GDP grows 4.9pc, economy gains more momentum
CHINA's economic recovery gathered pace in the third quarter as consumers returned to malls and major trading partners reopened for business,...
- Textile companies in India to gain from US-China trade war
THE US-issued Withhold Release Order on cotton and apparel imports from specific producers in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, which may...
- Maersk revises upwards full-year financial forecast
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk A/S has raised its full-year guidance amid a surprise recovery in demand and sweeping efforts to cut costs
- Daewoo gets the nod for ammonia-fired ship from LIoyd's Register
SOUTH Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co said it has gained approval for its ammonia-powered ship from Lloyd's Register, a...
- China's exports up 10pc as trade growth accelerates in September
CHINA's exports increased year on year by 9
- Fresh drop in commercial flights adds to jet fuel glut concerns
With Autumn arriving, the world's oil refineries struggle with a glut of jet fuel that's crushing profitability, reports London's Air...
- Drone gains increase options for next-generation aviation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the US$387 million Future Flight Challenge are making new rounds in the UK aviation industry by bringing...
- Malaysia Airlines in talks with creditors in urgent restructuring
MALAYSIA Airlines has reached out to lessors, creditors and key suppliers as part of its 'urgent' restructuring exercise as it sees little...
- Carbon Border Tax emerges in EU in the guise of protectionism
THE European Commission will tax greenhouse-gas produced by factories outside Europe that ship their products into Europe, reports Bloomberg
- Electric carmaker Tesla sues to block US tariffs on China imports
US ELECTRIC carmaker Tesla is suing to block the Trump Administration from collecting tariffs on parts the company imports from China, reported...
- Houston August box decline shrinks to single digit 4pc to 248,630 TEU
THE Port of Houston's container throughput has stabilised for the first time since the beginning of the Covid crisis, with a four per cent drop...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Abu Dhabi Ports introduces new initiative to cut emissions by half
ABU Dhabi Ports has launched the Smart Container Initiative that will house its digital solutions in a resilient, safe and optimised eco-friendly...
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- New box terminal at Namibian Port is fully operational
THE new container terminal at the Namibian Port of Walvis Bay, built between 2014 and 2019 and commissioned in August 2019, is now fully operational
- Liftings at Port of LA reach record 961,833 TEU in August
THE Port of Los Angeles had its best month ever in August, processing a record-setting 961,833 TEU in August
- TS Lines places US$91m order for four box ships at Huangpu Wenchong
TAIWANESE intra-Asia carrier TS Lines has commissioned the building of up to four 1,900 TEU containerships with a price tag of US$22