CONTAINER trades out of India are faced with increasing congestion, due to a combination of blanked sailings, equipment shortages and carriers unable...
- Increasing congestion at ports due to cancelled sailings out of India
- APMT Alabama box shop's plan threatens US east coast rivals
MAERSK's APM Terminals Mobile plans to expand in Alabama to 1
- Port of Helsinki receives five million euros of investment aid from the EU
The Port of Helsinki Ltd has received financial support from the EU for the Helsinki port investment projects on the Helsinki–Tallinn and...
- OOCL cancels raft of Asia-Europe sailings during height of peak season
HONG KONG's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), in response to low demand in the market, has announced a number of blank sailings on the...
- Multiple Boxship Firms are Achieving IMO 2030 Target a Decade Early
On Friday, Greek shipowner Danaos Shipping joined the growing ranks of container ship companies that have announced that they are already compliant...
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- Shipping’s darkest secret: suicides at sea
Shipping has been accused of covering up the numbers of suicides at sea with urgent calls to be more transparent about one of the sector’s darkest...
- Cai Mep ready to gain from supply chain exit from China
VIETNAM's Cai Mep-Thi Vai container port, which now routinely handles 14,000 - 16,000-TEUers, recently saw the maiden call of 2M's TP17...
- OOCL restores two transpacific sailings cancelled in June
HONG Kong's Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL), now a Cosco unit, has restored two transpacific sailings that were cancelled on June 18
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1
- Nansha port bucks trend with more ship calls and boom in intra-Asia services
GUANGZHOU China's port of Nansha is bucking the downturn trend among container terminals this year, and looks to emerge as the big winner from...
- INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE SEAFARER
SEAFARERS’ Union RMT today launched an appeal to increase UK Ratings’ jobs and restore power to national shipping registers as part of the...
- Cyprus shipping takes risk-based approach to sanction guidelines!
The US Office of Foreign Assets Control (Ofac) on June 5 issued guidance on sector-based sanctions regarding doing business with Iran contained in...
- FMC probes Canadian ballast water rules that hurt Lakes trade
THE US Federal Maritime Commission (FMC) has started to probe into pending Canadian ballast water regulations said to be detrimental to US flag Great...
- Cargo ship calls at Singapore hub plummet to 27-year low, marine fuel sales fall!
Cargo ship arrivals in Singapore, the world's top transhipment and bunkering hub, plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while...
- Singapore ship calls plummet to 27-year low, bunker sales fall
SINGAPORE ship arrivals have plummeted to their lowest in nearly three decades in May, while bunker sales fall to a three-month low, Reuters reports
- Nearly half the major ports see drop in box ship calls: IAPH report
SOME forty-five per cent of ports have reported that the number of containership calls have fallen by between five per cent and 25 per cent compared...
- AIDA Cruises suspends cruises!
AIDA Cruises unfortunately has to suspend all its cruises with ports in the USA and Canada this year.