CANADIAN flag carrier Air Canada reported an operating loss of C$1
- Air Canada blames US$1.16 billion loss on Canadian Covid restrictions
- Lufthansa first half profit falls 99.1pc to US$4.1 billion as sales fall 52pc
GERMAN flag carrier Lufthansa experienced a 99
- Construction to start on new Cebu port in Consolacion before 2021
A NEW Cebu international port project in Consolacion town in northern Cebu is expected to decongest the Cebu City port when completed in two years,...
- Cotton growers in Australia hit as Chinese buyer goes belly up
AUSTRALIAN cotton producers have found their prospects plunging on news that the local arm of a major Chinese buyer has gone out of business, leaving...
- South African Airways rescue stalls as banks say they lack funds
THE expected rescue of South African Airways (S) has been stalled because government attempts to raise ZAR5
- Volkswagen starts Ghana assembly after a ban on used car imports
GERMAN automotive giant Volkswagen has begun assembling cars in Ghana after a partial government ban on importing used cars, reports Bloomberg News
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- Air Canada renews fight with PM over Covid flight, travel restrictions
AIR CANADA has renewed its fight with Prime Minister Justine Trudeau over Covid-driven travel restrictions, threatening to suspend routes and cancel...
- XPO Logistics revenues hit by Covid, but stays upbeat and bullish
CONNECTICUT's XPO Logistics suffered a year-on-year second quarter net loss of US$57 million, drawn on revenues of $1
- Half of Australia's exports go to China Canberra statistics reveal
AUSTRALIAN reported a record trade surplus in the 12 months ending in June due to surging exports to China, which comprise almost half of goods...
- FedEx still tops in air cargo but Qatar and Turkish are rising: IATA
FEDEX remained the world's busiest cargo airline despite volumes remaining flat year on year while Qatar moved into second place and UPS was up...
- Japanese firm offers consultancy to Bangladeshi Matarbari port project
BANGLADESH's cabinet committee has recently appointed Japanese firm Nippon Koei Company to provide consulting services for the construction of a...
- Ecommerce surge experienced by UPS attributed to Covid scare
ECOMMERCE got a boost from the Covid-19 scare if the surge in online shopping posted by United Parcel Service is anything to go by, reports the...
- Samsung Electronics to halt production at its computer factory in China
KOREA's Samsung Electronics will halt operations of its last computer factory in China, the latest manufacturer to shift production from the...
- BA and Air France-KLM plan share sales, layoffs to survive Covid
BRITISH AIRWAYS owner IAG has plans for a EUR2
- Nigeria missing in $400bn global seaborne trade
Today, over 90 per cent of world trade is borne by sea and the real time growth in world Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the last two decades is 73...
- Zhonggu Logisitcs plans US$214m IPO on Shanghai bourse
CHINA's Zhonggu Logistics, an affiliate of the country's largest domestic liner operator Zhonggu Shipping Group, plans to raise CNY1
- American Airlines H1 cargo revenue slumps 37pc to US277m
AMERICAN Airlines has offered cargo-only flights during the COVID-19 pandemic, but the new line of business didn't overcome the lost cargo moved...
- CSSC Marine Power to supply Yangzijiang with 10 dual-fuel engines
ZHENJIANG's CSSC Marine Power is providing Yangzijiang Shipbuilding up to 10 dual-fuel main engines, reports UK's Seatrade Maritime News
- OOIL sails through H1 with volume down 2.6pc and revenue up 3.2pc for OOCL
ORIENT Overseas International Line (OOIL), the parent company of Orient Overseas Container Line (OOCL) and a subsidiary of Cosco, has announced...