PANAMA's ports cargo volume grew by 13
- Panama ports first half box throughput up 14pc to 3.8 million TEU
- Japanese firm offers consultancy to Bangladeshi Matarbari port project
BANGLADESH's cabinet committee has recently appointed Japanese firm Nippon Koei Company to provide consulting services for the construction of a...
- Beijing speaks of 'protracted war' when speaking of decoupling
PHRASEOLOGY from Beijing includes the use of 'protracted war' to describe its current situation, and 'dual circulation', referring to...
- Employers: Montreal dockers behaviour threatens to non-strikers
THE Montreal local of the New York-based International Longshoremen's Association (ILA) have again resumed their recurring dock strikes that have...
- Covid-19 leads to more digital cargo bookings at Air France KLM
AIR France KLM Martin Air Cargo (AFKLMP) has noted an increase in the use of its digital booking services since the outbreak of the coronavirus
- Australia bans bulk carrier TW Hamburg for wage exploitation!
Overnight the Australian Maritime Safety Authority (AMSA) banned the Liberian-flagged bulk carrier TW Hamburg from Australian ports for 12 months.
- Zhonggu Logisitcs plans US$214m IPO on Shanghai bourse
CHINA's Zhonggu Logistics, an affiliate of the country's largest domestic liner operator Zhonggu Shipping Group, plans to raise CNY1
- CMA CGM levies US$200/TEU Asia-E Africa rate hike August 15
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM is to implement a rate restoration programme mid-August on its Asia to East Africa trade
- GAC to takeover Ahlers Singapore's logistics operations
UNITED Arab Emirates-based Gulf Agency Company (GAC) is set to acquire Ahlers' Singapore logistics business following the signing of a Memorandum...
- Hapag-Lloyd sells 7 ships in leaseback deal to increase liquidity
GERMAN container shipping line Hapag-Lloyd has sold seven 9,326 TEU container ships to China's Bank of Communications Financial Leasing (Bocomm...
- China-Africa trade down 20pc, hit from coronavirus in first half
TWO-WAY trade between China and Africa fell 19
- CMA CGM levies rate hike peak season surcharge in August
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM will levy a Peak Season Surcharge of US$150 per TEU from August 1, but not beyond August 31
- Floods in China disrupt Yangtze River cargo flow
PORT operations at Shanghai and Ningbo have been severly disrupted by the nation's worst floods in decades which have led to port closures on the...
- Turkish Cargo ups market share despite - or because of - Covid-19
TURKISH Cargo claims said it had increased its market share to five per cent from 4
- Panama Ship Registry grows 4.1pc in first year under new administration
THE Panama Ship Registry has grown by 4
- US Hong Kong Autonomy Act now law, ending preferential trade status
US President Donald Trump took two actions against China in response to Beijing's moves on Hong Kong, signing an executive order ending the...
- Oman Air keeps busy delivering UN relief to war-torn Yemeni capital
OMAN Air has revealed it has operated 69 chartered cargo-only flights from April to June, including the highest-ever cargo load the airline has ever...
- US bans Pakistan International Airlines after fake pilot certificates found
PAKISTAN International Airlines (PIA) has been banned from the US because nearly a third of the nation's pilots had fake certificates, reports...
- Chinese miners face hurdles as Australia, Canada tensions mount
GREATER scrutiny by mineral-rich Australia and Canada may cut short deals led by China's state miners and limit Beijing's role in gold sector...
- Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship!
Italy prohibits German migrant rescue ship Sea-Watch 3 from leaving harbor