TWO global port operators - Singapore's PSA and Saudi Arabia's Red Sea Gateway Terminal (RSGT) - have been shortlisted to build Bay Terminal,...
- PSA and DP World in line for major port projects in Chittagong
- Major Gridlock Expected in Ship Repair Yards
Ship owners are expected to face huge delays and congestion in their attempts to book future retrofitting or ship repair projects in the various...
- IATA: Air cargo picked up in May, demand still weak
THE International Air Transport Association (IATA) reported air cargo volume fell 20
- Indian government gives the nod for new 10m TEU port north of Mumbai
INDIA's busiest port Mumbai is slated to get another satellite port later this decade to alleviate congestion concerns
- CMA CGM seeks investment opportunities in Africa
WITH African nations seeing a record growth rate of 5 per cent over the past decade, French shipping giant CMA CGM has turned its focus to the...
- Container shipping faces continuing low demand and capacity withdrawal
ANALYST Sea-Intelligence says container shipping is expected to see current low demand levels persisting, consequently leading to high levels of...
- MSC charters 11 vessels at discounted rates
MEDITERRANEAN Shipping Company, MSC, was quick off the mark to take advantage of the depressed charter market, agreeing to snap up eleven 8,000-8,800...
- Seafarers still stranded at sea, and more test positive!
Shipping groups and seafarer unions are desperately trying to convince governments to allow crew the right to transit after work contracts expire....
- 'Just-in-time shipping is the smart thing to do'
Communicating berth times earlier could reduce carbon emissions, advocates say
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Governments must protect trapped seafarers' human rights
As the Covid-19 pandemic and the travel restrictions put in place to attempt containment drag on, around 200,000 merchant seafarers are trapped...
- Port of Savannah box volumes slip nearly 10pc in May due to Covid-19
CONTAINER throughput at the Port of Savannah's Garden City Terminal dropped 9
- Damen delivers custom RHIB to Naarden Lifeboat Brigade!
Damen Shipyards Group has recently delivered a new lifeboat, a Damen RHIB 975 Inboard, to the Naarden Lifeboat Brigade (Reddingsbrigade Naarden)....
- Egypt removes 14 tonnes of waste from Red Sea!
Egypt's environment ministry announced the removal of 14 tonnes of waste from the Red Sea port as part of a government campaign launched recently to...
- Launch capsize in Buriganga: 32 bodies recovered so far
Rescue workers recovered the bodies of 32 people after a launch carrying over 100 passengers capsized in Buriganga river at Dhaka's Shyambazar this...
- Australia cracks down on crew changes
Australia is cracking down on ships where seafarers are working beyond their original contract lengths.
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Cosco about to complete planned scrubber installations
CHINA's Cosco Shipping Lines (Cosco) is about to complete scrubber installations, a plan that was announced in 2019
- HMM's fleet of box ships increases, other top ocean carriers cut capacity
EVERY deepsea carrier has reduced its operated capacity this year, except South Korea's HMM, which is taking delivery of a series of the...
- Qantas launches US$1.3billion placement and axes 6,000 jobs
AUSTRALIA's Qantas Airways has launched an AUD1