MAINLAND China's international port operator Cosco Shipping Ports posted a 19
- Cosco Shipping Ports Q3 profit up 19.7pc to US$85.9 million
- Malaysian workbarge sinks, 121 crew rescued!
An offshore workbarge sunk at the Baram field in Malaysian waters this morning sparking a huge rescue operation.
- Yang Ming's new green 'YM Capacity' to be deployed on expand JTS service
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp (Yang Ming) has named the fifth of its ten 2,800-TEU container vessels 'YM Capacity' at a...
- Alliance makes raft of November changes, and cancellations
THE Alliance, made up of ocean carriers Hapag-Lloyd, Yang Ming, Ocean Express Network (ONE) and HMM, have announced changes to a large number of...
- Cosco provides inter-continental service linking Hainan free trade port
CHINA's Hainan free trade port recently saw the launch of its first inter-continental shipping service at Xiaochantan terminal, Yangpu port
- ONE to levy US$3/TEU sulphur fuel surcharge in Korean waters
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) will implement a sulphur fuel surcharge November 1 for the new South Korean Emission...
- World's biggest LNG-powered ship docks at Shanghai port
THE world's largest liquefied natural gas-powered containership was put into operation at Shanghai's Yangshan Port, loading 1,900 containers...
- China and Greece commit to joint work on Belt and Road Initiative
CHINA and Greece have pledged to further develop relations between the two countries and jointly work on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
- CMA CGM's first of nine LNG-powered 23,000 TEU box ships enters service
THE world's largest LNG-powered ship, the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade, has entered into service plying the carrier's French Asia Line...
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7
- AUTOPLAN project kick-off meeting in UZMAR
The AUTOPLAN (Automatic Navigation Assistance System for Planing and Semi-planing Crafts) project kick-off meeting was held on 10th September 2020...
- Global container shipping had its best second quarter since 2010
THE container shipping industry made US$2
- How many carriers left now since 1980
Mr Lars Jensen - As a 'fun fact' I went back and found a list of the 20 largest container shipping lines in 1980 to see how many were left...
- DP World 1H volume down 5.9pc, against 15pc industry drop
DUBAI's global port operator DP World suffered a 5
- Major carriers rush to charter bigger ships to capitalise on rate surge
MAJOR carriers are rushing to charter larger containerships to take advantage of skyrocketing freight rates caused by a spike in demand across major...
- 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg makes its first call in at Port of Hamburg
With the first call of the 23,964-TEU HMM Hamburg, another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- 'HMM HAMBURG' Makes Its First Call in Hamburg
With the first call of the 'HMM HAMBURG', another ship of the so-called 'Megamax-24 class' headed for the port of Hamburg last night
- Hong Kong feeder line SITC orders six Yangzijiang 1,800-TEUers
HONG KONG based SITC International Holding and Yangzijiang Shipbuilding Group have signed the newbuilding contracts for six 1800-TEU ships, the...
- Yang Ming new 2,800 TEU vessel is named 'YM Centennial'
TAIWAN's Yang Ming Marine Transport Corp (Yang Ming) recently held a naming ceremony for its 2,800 TEU class full container vessel 'YM...
- Arrival of new mega-containership risks tilting the balance on box trades
THE containership orderbook is at an historic low but top carriers have a backlog of 86 ships of over 10,000 TEU scheduled for delivery over the next...