Seven people have been arrested on suspicion of seizing control of an oil tanker, police have said.
- Tanker stowaways: Seven men arrested over ship's 'hijacking'
- Russia's new icebreaker reaches North Pole for ice trials
RUSSIA's future flagship icebreaker, the 33,500-tons displacement Arktika, reached the North Pole during its first sea ice tests, reports...
- Canada-China trade up 6.9pc while trade with US shinks 17pc this year
CHINA's share of Canadian trade has risen to record levels, as exports and imports with China represented 6
- Oil major Shell looks to decarbonise shipping by 2050
OIL major Shell has highlighted hydrogen and fuel cells to achieve decarbonised shipping by 2050, reports Colchester's Seatrade Maritime News
- Daewoo gets the nod for ammonia-fired ship from LIoyd's Register
SOUTH Korea's Daewoo Shipbuilding & Marine Engineering Co said it has gained approval for its ammonia-powered ship from Lloyd's Register, a...
- China's exports up 10pc as trade growth accelerates in September
CHINA's exports increased year on year by 9
- Fresh drop in commercial flights adds to jet fuel glut concerns
With Autumn arriving, the world's oil refineries struggle with a glut of jet fuel that's crushing profitability, reports London's Air...
- Covid vaccine delivery will take 2 years before full distribution
AIR Cargo executives say they expect it will take two years for a vaccine to reach all of the world's population, reports the Wall Street Journal
- Fuel-leaking box ship leaves Bayonne for Staten Island for repairs
THE 6,572-TEU YM Mandate, that had been leaking fuel oil though a cracked hull near New Jersey's Bayonne Brudge, has left to undergo repairs at...
- Iran's shipping revenue surpasses US$770 million a year
THE Islamic Republic of Iran Shipping Line (IRISL) earned US$778 million throughout the year until June 20, reports Iranian newsite Eghtesad Online
- Fuel oil spill from 6,572-TEU YM Mandate near Bayonne Bridge
THE 6,572-TEU YM Mandate with a visible crack in its hull has been leaking fuel oil at the Global Container Terminal in Bayonne, NJ reports New...
- Suez container traffic falls 15pc on Covid despite discounts
COVID-19 has resulted in a 15 per cent plunge in container traffic through the Suez Canal, reports Rome's ANSA (Agenzia Nazionale Stampa...
- Maersk calls for state aid as stranded sailors rise to 400,000
Maersk is calling to resolve a labour crisis that has stranded 400,000 workers on ships, reports Bloomberg
- Russia's dominance of the world wheat exports keeps growing
RUSSIA has gone from being reliant on wheat imports to accounting for a fifth of global sales, as its soils generate bigger harvests at lower prices,...
- World's biggest LNG-powered ship docks at Shanghai port
THE world's largest liquefied natural gas-powered containership was put into operation at Shanghai's Yangshan Port, loading 1,900 containers...
- CEVA Logistics opens new offices in Ecuador and Uruguay
SWITZERLAND's CEVA Logistics, a subsidiary of French shipping giant CMA CGM, has officially opened its own offices in Ecuador and Uruguay as part...
- Arctic Sea Ice Loss: World Leaders Must Arrest Arctic Climate Change Impacts!
Reacting to news of the Arctic summer sea ice minimum reaching its second lowest extent in the 42-year satellite record on September 15, and to...
- Seafarers are facing a Covid-driven humanitarian crisis!
Thousands of mariners are unable to sign off from their ships, causing considerable mental agony to them and their families
- Volga-Dnepr Group H1 revenue up 40pc
RUSSIA'S Volga-Dnepr Group reported that total revenue across its three airlines - Volga-Dnepr Airlines, AirBridgeCargo Airlines (ABC) and ATRAN...
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7