AIR freight rates have returned to mid-March levels as jet fuel prices continue to rise, according to London's Loadstar
- Air freight rates rise to pre-Covid level as fuel prices increase to new levels
- Antwerp boxes up 0.4pc, but volume off 4.9pc to 223,799,781 tonnes
CONTAINER traffic through the Port of Antwerp was up 0
- S'pore's 1pc box decline offset by 3.7pc hike in mandated clean fuel sales
THE Port of Singapore saw a one per cent drop in container volumes in the first half of 2020, but bunker sales were up 3
- Ships Hit Smaller Sea Animals More Often than Researchers Thought
New research sheds light on the range of creatures killed and injured by collisions
- Global Port Tracker reports lowest level US retail imports in years
MAJOR US container port volume is expected to be well below last year's levels as the impact of the Covid-19 pandemic continues, according to the...
- Australian note air cargo moves toward structural recovery in June
PERSONAL protective equipment shipments volumes faded, but global air cargo volumes in June provided the first real indicators of the sector's...
- Ghana: First quarter cargo traffic rose by 12.6pc to 166,685 TEU
FIRST quarter laden container volume at Ghana's two seaports, Tema and Takoradi,increased 12
- LA-LB rise to the challenge to handle mega-ships, but landside pressures remain
TERMINAL operators in Los Angeles-Long Beach have this month demonstrated their ability to handle record container exchanges in a single vessel call
- Container shipping heading for a US$9b annual profit: Sea-Intelligence
DESPITE the significant loss of box volume due to the pandemic, spot rates have soared above year-over-year levels through the second quarter,...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- Cathay to cut to freight-only passenger flights as air cargo rates retreat
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific is reported to be preparing to cancel 'many' of its freight-only flights as air cargo rates begin to drop...
- SIA Cargo puts reliance on cargo-only passenger flights
SINGAPORE's SIA Cargo has reported that May cargo load factor was 14
- Long Beach's new Gerald Desmond bridge opens in August
THE Port of Long Beach's new bridge replacing the old Gerald Desmond is scheduled to be open for truck and commuter traffic mid-August, according...
- Ontario International Airport freight volume soars 24pc in May
SOUTHERN California's Ontario International Airport (ONT) continued to see strong growth in commercial air freight in May as tonnage handled rose...
- China loses WTO dispute against EU in 'market status' bid
BEIJING failed to win its battle to have the European Union recognise China as a 'market economy' as defined by the World Trade Organisation,...
- Covid-19 spawned ecommerce prompts DHL to add 400 jobs
DHL Express, a leading provider of international express shipping services, is adding 400 new jobs in the United States due to a double-digit volume...
- Nippon Express pays US$51m for MD Logistics to boost pharma
JAPAN-BASED logistics firm Nippon Express has acquired Indiana-based MD Logistics in a deal worth JPY5
- Steep dip in April air cargo demand: IATA
THE latest figures from the International Air Transport Association (IATA) show that air cargo recorded its steepest ever decline in volumes in...
- TAPA warns of crime surge as lockdowns are eased
THE Transported Asset Protection Association (TAPA) has warned of an expected spike in cargo thefts as coronavirus lockdowns are eased across Europe,...
- Airfreight rates on key trades decline for third consecutive week
AIRFREIGHT rates out of Shanghai continued on a downward trajectory last week as air cargo capacity on key routes remained steady, according to the...