THE Spanish port of Valenciaport has announced the handling of close to half a million TEU in September, as the port continues its fifth month in...
- Valenciaport's box volume continues to grow for the fifth month in a row
- Cathay Pacific Cargo targets South American, African markets
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific's wants to expand its reach to South America and Africa, says the airline's new director of cargo Tom Owens
- Cathay Pacific's airfreight demand ramping up
HONG Kong's Cathay Pacific and Cathay Dragon carried a total of 109,453 tonnes of cargo and mail in September, a decrease of 36
- Oil major Shell looks to decarbonise shipping by 2050
OIL major Shell has highlighted hydrogen and fuel cells to achieve decarbonised shipping by 2050, reports Colchester's Seatrade Maritime News
- MSC's executive says hydrogen, biofuels are the key to future fuel mix
SWISS international shipping carrier Mediterranean Shipping Company (MSC) has forecast that hydrogen and biofuels are to become key components of...
- Singapore welcomes world's largest LNG powered containership
THE world's largest LNG-powered containership - the 23,000 TEU CMA CGM Jacques Saade - made its maiden call in Singapore early this week
- Asiana converts A350 to temporary freighter
ASIANA Airlines has begun operations with a re-designed Airbus A350-900 as a main-deck freighter, as it plans flights with its grounded A380s,...
- Saudi Global Ports takes over management of King Abdulaziz Port
SAUDI Global Ports Company (SGP) has officially taken over the management of both First and Second Container Terminals in King Abdulaziz Port Dammam...
- Cosco provides inter-continental service linking Hainan free trade port
CHINA's Hainan free trade port recently saw the launch of its first inter-continental shipping service at Xiaochantan terminal, Yangpu port
- ONE to levy US$3/TEU sulphur fuel surcharge in Korean waters
JAPANESE owned but Singapore based Ocean Network Express (ONE) will implement a sulphur fuel surcharge November 1 for the new South Korean Emission...
- Qatar Airways posts US$1.9 billion net loss as revenues rise 6.4pc
QATAR Airways posted a net loss of QAR7 billion (US$1
- ICS to UN: Governments needed to end crew change crisis
THE International Chamber Shipping (ICS) has warned the UN that the failure to allow 800,000 seafarers leave their ships where they have been...
- HMM opens new Fleet Control Centre in Busan after delivery of new box ships
SOUTH Korean ship owner HMM has opened a new Fleet Control Centre located at its R&D facilities in Busan, which is designed to monitor and control...
- Cathay launches 12-week cargo service to Pittsburgh linking Southeast Asia
HONG Kong flag carrier Cathay Pacific Airways has temporarily expanded its operations in the Americas, with a 12-week cargo service linking...
- First phase of Khalifa Port expansion due to open Q1 2021
ABU Dhabi Ports has affirmed that the expansion of Khalifa Port is on track for a phase one opening by the first quarter of 2021, as well as...
- China and Greece commit to joint work on Belt and Road Initiative
CHINA and Greece have pledged to further develop relations between the two countries and jointly work on the Belt and Road Initiative (BRI)
- Fujian launches six shipping services to Europe and Asia
SIX new services linking the ports of Xiamen and Fuzhou in Fujian, China with Asia and Europe have been launched as part of the Silk Road Maritime...
- Box throughput at eight major Chinese ports up 7pc in early September
STATISTICS released by China Ports and Harbours Association show that container volume at eight major Chinese ports increased 7
- CMA CGM's stake sale of Mundra port to China Merchants under scrutiny
WITH the widespread anti-China sentiment throughout India the government is examining a proposal to transfer part-ownership of a container terminal...
- South Korea's HMM and SHI to develop smart ship technology
KOREA's HMM and Samsung Heavy Industries (SHI) have signed a memorandum of understanding (MOU) to develop smart ship technology, reports...