HONG Kong's flag carrier Cathay Pacific has confirmed that it will cut 8,500 jobs across the entire group, including 5,300 local staff and 600...
- Cathay Pacific axes 8,500 jobs and shuts down Cathay Dragon
- Drone gains increase options for next-generation aviation
UK Research and Innovation (UKRI) and the US$387 million Future Flight Challenge are making new rounds in the UK aviation industry by bringing...
- Wuhan starts scheduled cargo flights to Ethiopia with Covid aid
SCHEDULED air cargo flights from Wuhan to Addis Ababa, have commenced, reports Xinhua
- Carbon Border Tax emerges in EU in the guise of protectionism
THE European Commission will tax greenhouse-gas produced by factories outside Europe that ship their products into Europe, reports Bloomberg
- Amsterdam's Schiphol cargo sector creates vaccine task force
AMSTERDAM's Schiphol's air cargo community has created a task force to prepare for a Covid-19 vaccine, reports London's Air Cargo News
- 127 stranded Filipino seafarers await repatriation!
- Sydney's container congestion sparks anger all round Down Under
SYDNEY's pile up of empties, sorely needed in China ports if liners would only take them there, are causing massive congestion in Botany Bay,...
- Port of Rotterdam Authority to deepen Amazonhaven basin
THE Port of Rotterdam's ECT Delta Terminal, operated by Hong Kong's Hutchison Ports, has undertaken to dredge the Amazonhaven port basin at...
- SF Airlines opens Wuhan-Osaka cargo route to meet rising demand
SHENZHEN's SF Airlines, China's leading air cargo carrier, has opened a new international cargo route linking central China's Wuhan and...
- Turkey finds 320 bcm of natural gas in Black Sea, Erdoğan announces
Turkey has made its biggest-ever natural gas discovery in the Black Sea, President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan announced Friday.
- SANMAR'S SIRAPINAR COMMENCES OPERATIONS IN BALTIC SEA
In spite of COVID-19 and rough seas Sanmar Shipyards arranged delivery of another new tug to Latvia on schedule, to join the AS PKL Flote fleet in...
- CMA CGM to launch Round The Africa Service 'RTA' from July 25
FRENCH shipping giant CMA CGM has introduced a new Round the Africa (RTA) service to complement its existing 31 services to Sub Saharan Africa, the...
- Australian agri-exporter in for extra round of Canberra subsidies
AUSTRALIAN for agri-filled freighter flights - but importers face capacity constraints on ocean freight, reports London's Loadstar
- Melbourne moves from 4,500-TEUers to 10,662-TEU CMA CGM Ural
THE Port of Melbourne has docked its biggest box ship ever - the 10,662-TEU Ural, reports the UK's Port Strategy
- Melbourne welcomes largest capacity box ship to call at the port
THE Port of Melbourne (PoM) played host to the 10,662 TEU CMA CGM Ural, the largest container ship by maximum capacity to call at the port
- Major 'right-sizing' afoot, warns Cathay boss in wake of Covid blow
HONG KONG's Cathay Pacific Airways chairman Patrick Healy has warned that 'tough decisions will need to be made' by the fourth quarter of...
- Britain touts plan for sweeping post-Brexit tariff cuts
BRITAIN has set out a post-Brexit tariff plan, cutting import duties on many products while protecting industries such as automotive and agriculture...
- Turkey's UZMAR to build new eco-friendly tug
The Port of Aarhus has just invested in a new tug for approx. 45 million crowns (6.7 Millions USD). The tug is far more environmentally friendly...
- JD.com re-introduces air cargo service from Shenzhen to Wuxi
BEIJING-HEADQUARTERED online marketplace JD
- Amazon aims to expand air cargo fleet to 200 planes by 2028
AMERICAN e-commerce giant Amazon is working on expanding its Prime Air cargo fleet to encompass 200 planes by 2027 or 2028, reports Bloomberg