THE US-issued Withhold Release Order on cotton and apparel imports from specific producers in the Xinjiang Uygur Autonomous Region, which may...
- Textile companies in India to gain from US-China trade war
- Global container ship companies cash in on higher rates: Fitch
NEW York-headquartered ratings agency Fitch Ratings says the recent increase in spot container freight rates, driven by shipping companies'...
- Maersk revises upwards full-year financial forecast
DANISH shipping giant AP Moller-Maersk A/S has raised its full-year guidance amid a surprise recovery in demand and sweeping efforts to cut costs
- Revenue pressures continue for North American Airports and Airlines
THE Covid recovery period in the US and Canada will intensify revenue and cost pressures on North American airports and airlines, reports...
- Miami's Magaya buys rate management provider Catapult
MIAMI logistics provider Magaya Corporation has announced that it has acquired Catapult, a leader in freight rate management software
- India's April to August container cargo handling drops 25pc
INDIA's container cargo handling at major ports dropped about 25 per cent from April to August throughout the Covid pandemic, reports the Press...
- Ontario airport cargo up 16.1pc in US tops air cargo growth
LOS ANGELES area Ontario International Airport has experienced double-digit growth in air cargo during 2020, reports the San Gabriel Valley Tribune
- Russia stops using US dollar for most of its exports to China
RUSSIA's President Vladimir Putin is ploughing ahead with his pledge to reduce dependence on the US currency with the nation switching to the use...
- Virgin Atlantic tells court it expects to run out of cash by next month
RICHARD Branson and Virgin Atlantic told a London court they will run out of money by next month unless it secures approval for a US$1
- DP World H1 box volume dips 5pc due to Covid-19
DUBAI's DP World, one of the world's largest operators of ports with locations in more than 50 countries, handled 33
- Box volumes at India's major ports plunge 30pc in April-June: IPA
STATISTICS released by the Indian Ports' Association (IPA) show that container cargo handling at India's 12 major ports dropped 32
- Costly cargo: The plight of seafarers in a pandemic
Amid the many consequences of the coronavirus pandemic, thousands of seafarers around the world are now locked onboard their ships with expired...
- Fitch Ratings: Vietnam outperforms Asian frontier sovereign countries
VIETNAM is positioned to stand out among Asia's frontier and emerging markets this year in terms of its economic resilience and success in...
- CEVA Logistics wins new spare parts contract with Volkswagen in Brazil
CEVA Logistics has contracted with Volkswagen for the operation of the company's auto spares centre at Vinhedo in Brazil has been extended
- INTERNATIONAL DAY OF THE SEAFARER
SEAFARERS’ Union RMT today launched an appeal to increase UK Ratings’ jobs and restore power to national shipping registers as part of the...
- Fitch Assigns Turk P&I 'BB-' IFS Rating; Outlook Stable
Fitch Ratings - Paris - 23 Jun 2020: Fitch Ratings has assigned Turk P ve I Sigorta A.S. (Turk P&I) a 'BB-' Insurer Financial Strength (IFS) Rating.
- A.P. Moller – Maersk continues to grow profitability while safeguarding global supply chains
Despite the COVID-19 pandemic’s profound impact on global trade the company kept momentum in its strategic transformation and demonstrated...
- Pressure Builds on Europe’s Fragile Banking System
Worries are mounting about the ability of Europe’s financial system, in particular its fragile banks, to make it through the coronavirus crisis...
- Kerry Logistics moves to London Heathrow facility to boost air cargo
HONG KONG's Kerry Logistics Network has moved its air freight division into a new facility close to London Heathrow Airport in Feltham at the...
- Chinese ports enter coronavirus recovery phase: CMA CGM
THE world's fourth largest container shipping line by market share, CMA CGM, has said cargo traffic at major Chinese ports is recovering after...